Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the Help of Golftango and XGS there is now a v3 of the Maintenance minder chart

Attachments

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No problem also By all means It's always a work in progress If things are needed to be corrected or things to be added please feel free to post in and I update accordingly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tahoefever:

Thanks a million.

One question never seems to get a single answer.

My 2013 EX-L with 52K on the dial will be 7 years old in 2020, but nowhere near the mileage benchmark on your .pdf.

Replace timing belt and inspect water pump and tensioner (Or every 7 years , whichever comes first)

Just do it? Or wait?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2020 Highlander XLE 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L
289 Posts
Ditto's thanks! I bought a new 2018 Hyundai Sante Fe Sport 2.0T AWD for wifey this past fall and signed onto to a Santa Fe forum, unfortunately it is not anywhere nearly as good as this forum!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tahoefever:

Thanks a million.

My 2013 EX-L with 52K on the dial will be 7 years old in 2020, but nowhere near the mileage benchmark on your .pdf.

Replace timing belt and inspect water pump and tensioner (Or every 7 years , whichever comes first)

Just do it? Or wait?

Thanks again.
Depends on the mileage your planning to put on the pilot before 2020 ..myself If i know im not even coming close to the 105k before 2020 I would just wait till then to swap

·
Registered
10,422 Posts
Just do it? Or wait?
How far beyond 2020 are you planning to keep your Pilot?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tahoefever Thank you for your guidance.
xGS: Not really sure how long, but 60-75 K is a good back-of-the envelope guess.
I have had no trouble whatsoever, but the dealer indicates I need rear shocks.
I will not buy another Pilot uless they reinstitute the middle cushion for the "elbow lean"-- the flip downs on the bucket seats in the newer models do nothing for me.
IMHO

Thanks for any assistance.

John

·
Registered
37 Posts

Just do it? Or wait?
Note: I just realized I posted to an old thread. My apologies. Moderator may delete.

I recently did the TB and related services for my 2014 EX-L with 78,000 on the odometer. Manufacture date March 2014. I would have held off a little longer, but, since I pull a small camper I did not want to take any chances. We tow in the D3 position which has the engine reving to about 3900 RPM at 60MPH. That puts some extra wear on the engine, belts and accessories.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
6,025 Posts
Note: I just realized I posted to an old thread. My apologies. Moderator may delete.

I recently did the TB and related services for my 2014 EX-L with 78,000 on the odometer. Manufacture date March 2014. I would have held off a little longer, but, since I pull a small camper I did not want to take any chances. We tow in the D3 position which has the engine reving to about 3900 RPM at 60MPH. That puts some extra wear on the engine, belts and accessories.
Nah, we won't delete it, we'll just let Master Yoda handle this. ;) 😆

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
For certain timeless themes like this one, no need to worry about reanimating an older thread. The info is maybe even more valuable now as the early cars from this series are aging and gaining mileage too. It's never too late to start doing the right things.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.