2017 Pilot Touring AWD
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taree Mariano
Registered

Joined 1 mo ago
7 Posts
#28 a moment ago
I have a 2017 touring and have done nothing except for the oil change and brake fluid flush/[email protected] 3years. do I need to wait for the MM to tell me when to do the ATF, Rear Differential and Transfer Case fluid change. also with the coolant flush. Service calendar would a great help but there's overlapping or conflicting opinions when to perform these service. Please enlighten me on this. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
813 Posts
It depends when you did the oil changes. I think what happens is that if you do oil changes before it says to, then it messed up the other things on the MM. As long as you did oil changes when the MM says to, then you should just do it when the MM says to.

·
Registered
2017 Pilot Touring AWD
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It depends when you did the oil changes. I think what happens is that if you do oil changes before it says to, then it messed up the other things on the MM. As long as you did oil changes when the MM says to, then you should just do it when the MM says to.
yes, I've been following the MM on oil change. my question next would be, when you reset the oil life, does it resets the whole minder on all other services?

·
Registered
813 Posts
yes, I've been following the MM on oil change. my question next would be, when you reset the oil life, does it resets the whole minder on all other services?
Nope! When you reset the oil, then only the oil gets reset. I think you should just follow what the MM says.

·
Registered
2017 Pilot Touring AWD
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope! When you reset the oil, then only the oil gets reset. I think you should just follow what the MM says.
Thanks. just wondering why I didn't have the MM on on Rear differential fluid change, currently i'm @37K

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,046 Posts
How many miles?

·
Registered
2017 Pilot Touring AWD
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot. we're so used the maintenance calendar before that is a routine already, now we have to wait for the computer to tell us when is when. appreciate it

·
Registered
402 Posts
that's a good one. thanks a lot I will
Just be aware that if you reset the oil life indicator before it reaches the flashing 15% warning, it WILL throw off your reminders for future servicings. If you rely on the dealer for all your maintenance and never mess with it yourself then you have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Change the rear differential - you’re way overdue if you’re the original owner. 15,000 and then every 30,000 thereafter.

And while you’re at it now is a good time to consider the ATF and transfer case fluid as well. Best to get those two knocked out before you start experiencing the judder.

·
Registered
2017 Pilot Touring AWD
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a scheduled appointed the dealership to perform ATF, Differential, transfer case, and coolant change. they never mentioned or asked
Change the rear differential - you’re way overdue if you’re the original owner. 15,000 and then every 30,000 thereafter.

And while you’re at it now is a good time to consider the ATF and transfer case fluid as well. Best to get those two knocked out before you start experiencing the judder.
Thanks! I did change my rear differential today. I bought all the fluids including the atf 3.1 and for the transfer case but I hold off doing the atf and transfer case fluid change yet

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Another thread where the MM has caused a caring Honda owner to miss important service requirements.

The MM is 💩

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
Another thread where the MM has caused a caring Honda owner to miss important service requirements.
View attachment 141556
The MM is 💩
If the owner doesn't RTFM to find out how the MM works, are they any more likely to RTFM to find a time and mileage based maintenance schedule?
The salesperson may also be at fault for not showing the new owner the page(s) in TFM that cover the MM and spending five minutes to explain the various maintenance codes that will appear when the oil life reaches 15%.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
If the owner doesn't RTFM to find out how the MM works, are they any more likely to RTFM to find a time and mileage based maintenance schedule?
The salesperson may also be at fault for not showing the new owner the page(s) in TFM that cover the MM and spending five minutes to explain the various maintenance codes that will appear when the oil life reaches 15%.
Yes, this is the answer.
We're just not educated enough.
I'm trading my Pilot for a tuk-tuk.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm going to demand that Honda provide special recognition of me as one of their only owners that can follow the MM. It's apparently a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. I need a trophy for having the ability to wait for the little light to come on, and then reading the complex number and letter pattern that follows.

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
I'm going to demand that Honda provide special recognition of me as one of their only owners that can follow the MM. It's apparently a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. I need a trophy for having the ability to wait for the little light to come on, and then reading the complex number and letter pattern that follows.
What's it like to be a one-percenter?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts