Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Maintenance Minder came on and indicated A 136 which is Oil Change, Rotate tires, ATF drain and fill, transfer case drain and fill and differential drain and fill. My mileage is 227,000. I did the ATF drain and fill, transfer case drain and fill and differential drain and fill at 202,700 miles. That's only 24,300 miles and it wants me to change it already. Everywhere I read it says 30,000. Should I just bite the bullet and do it all?

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
What is your typical oil change interval in miles?
The MM groups other maintenance items with the nearest oil change.
Assuming the 30K interval for ATF and rear diff service, if the MM calculates that your next oil change is likely to take the ATF and rear diff fluid beyond the 30K distance, then it may well call for those services to be performed somewhat early.
If you want to keep track of it yourself and wait for the 30K mark to change them, that's your option.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
^^^^What @xGS said about the MM. Was your 202,700-mile service described above also at the behest of the MM?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for your reply.

I bought my Pilot at 188,000 miles. MM flas me for an oil change at around 5000 miles. At around 202,700 miles (11-19-2018) my MM came on with the same message A 136. I rotate the tires based on my install, etc. so I don't use the MM for that. At that point, I changed the oil, transmission fluid, transfer case fluid and differential fluid. Now at 227,000 miles it flags me to do it again. Seems too soon to me. I have NOT had any issues with the transmission, transfer case or differential to this point so I am confident that these services have been performed all along.

I think I will do just the oil change now. I will wait till the next oil change to do the transmission fluid, transfer case fluid and differential fluid. Hopefully it will be after spring has sprung here in VT.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
I will wait till the next oil change to do the transmission fluid, transfer case fluid and differential fluid. Hopefully it will be after spring has sprung here in VT.
Would you really rather wait until 'mud season' to crawl around under the car?

·
Registered
5,647 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
After 200k An owner that does their own work would have a general idea on when something should be replaced or soon just based on the mileage or driving conditions..if they had the pilot since an early age.. The MM is just the Honda Big brother that tells you what to replace... some like it that way others prefer to follow the mileage ..it's up to the owner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts