Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I've been using a super basic spreadsheet to track and record all the maintenance done to my Pilot. I keep all the receipts and stuff but it's nice to be able to pull it up anywhere I go. I was wondering if anyone else uses one and they'd like to share what their's looks like. I would love to "update" mine since I have a lot of time on my hands. I'll share a screenshot of mine soon, but I need to remove the name of the place where work is done since it may be too much information. Thanks!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I use the fuelio app on my phone. You can enter service intervals. I enter my mileage when I get gas and it notifies when u get close to the service due. I think u can attach pics also.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've been using Excel for years for the Accord, Ody, Pilot, CR-V, Passport.
I just enter date, mileage, item done, with a little extra on oil changes - oil brand and filter used.
I also track MPG. Mainly because I wanted to isolate trip info from regular driving.
I've always carried a small log book in each vehicle for gas records and quick notes about other things.
Then transfer the info to Excel about every 3 mons. or at the end of a trip.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I do it the old fashion way .. it was the latest tech back in the 50's . it's called a notepad with a pencil tossed in the glove compartment. :)

Reactions: Sha93

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,241 Posts
I do it the old, old-fashioned way, using pre-glyphic technology: my amygdala, hippocampus, cerebellum, and prefrontal cortex ([link]).

An illustration of a brain shows the location of the amygdala, hippocampus, cerebellum, and prefrontal cortex.

The amygdala is involved in fear and fear memories. The hippocampus is associated with declarative and episodic memory as well as recognition memory. The cerebellum plays a role in processing procedural memories, such as how to play the piano. The prefrontal cortex appears to be involved in remembering semantic tasks.

I also keep my senses peeled for any saber-tooth tiger noises coming from my Pilot.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,259 Posts
I do it the old fashion way .. it was the latest tech back in the 50's . it's called a notepad with a pencil tossed in the glove compartment. :)
Jeeze, what a troglodyte. 🤣

You must be pert-near as old as I am, cause that's what I do. I have started using fuelly as well along with my iPhone. Put the information into fuelly and take a photo of the receipt since it will make a pdf out of it. Still use the book and pencil though since I'm not sure Fuelly will be here when I need it. One thing I have done though is to get the darn receipt's out of the car and into a folder. I now have a glove box I can use.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I bought sabertooth tiger repellant spray from autozone for only $50, and I spray it on my tires and door handles. I haven't been attacked by a sabertooth tiger yet, so it must be working.
$50 per 12ounce canister ? make sure you send in your rebate coupon.
Also, do not clear-coat over the sabertooth tiger repellant, clear-coat will decrease effectiveness by 42%., hence making you having to re-coat your tires too often.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was always curious about using that. Do you know if those records show up in a Carfax report?

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
499 Posts
Here's a screenshot from my Google Sheets maintenance log for everything I've done in the past 2 and a half months. I've got a couple other columns showing mileage, a notes field with a detailed description of the job, part numbers, and costs.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
You've been busy. (y)

What did you use when you cleaned the EGR passages? At what mileage and how dirty were they? What was your process? Did you replace the gasket?

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
499 Posts
You've been busy. (y)

What did you use when you cleaned the EGR passages? At what mileage and how dirty were they? What was your process? Did you replace the gasket?
I mentioned it a few days ago on someone else's post, and included a photo. I used 3 cans of carb cleaner because it was extremely dirty, but I didn't replace the gasket because I didn't have a new one handy. It's metal, so it doesn't get destroyed when removing the lid, but next time I remove that plate, I'll order one ahead of time and replace it for good measure. Actually, I need to replace my spark plug seals since I found some oil in the tubes when changing spark plugs, so I'll just replace them and the valve cover gaskets, probably when I attempt to adjust my timing since it's due for that too. I've got 170k miles.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
I mentioned it a few days ago on someone else's post, and included a photo. I used 3 cans of carb cleaner because it was extremely dirty, but I didn't replace the gasket because I didn't have a new one handy. It's metal, so it doesn't get destroyed when removing the lid, but next time I remove that plate, I'll order one ahead of time and replace it for good measure. Actually, I need to replace my spark plug seals since I found some oil in the tubes when changing spark plugs, so I'll just replace them and the valve cover gaskets, probably when I attempt to adjust my timing since it's due for that too. I've got 170k miles.

Oh yeah, I remember now.

With the 3 cans of carb cleaner, did you use a brush or something else?

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
499 Posts
I should have started with a brush or some other tool to pick out the hard chunks of carbon deposits before spraying it with the carb cleaner. Once the cleaner hits it, it turns gummy and gooey and brushing doesn't really work after that, it just takes more and more spray to eat away at the carbon. If you pick out the big chunks first, you should be able to wash out the whole thing with less than one can.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,820 Posts
Holy cow you’ve been busy working on your Pilot. Nice list of items you’ve repaired/replaced.

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
499 Posts
Holy cow you’ve been busy working on your Pilot. Nice list of items you’ve repaired/replaced.
Thanks. Later this week I'll be doing the front suspension (struts, tie rods, end links, control arms), and then I'll be taking a break, since there's not much else that needs attention right now, plus I've spent all of my stimulus check on all these parts. It's rewarding though, since every job I've done has improved the Pilot and my enjoyment of it. This is my first time owning a Honda, and it's been a positive experience so far.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts