Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my Pilot clicked past 6,000 miles, the "Maintenance Required" light started flashing for a few seconds after each engine start. I had the first oil change done a few hundred miles ago by the dealer. Can I reset the light myself and save a trip to the dealer? If so, how?

Regards to all.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Morris Minor said:
When my Pilot clicked past 6,000 miles, the "Maintenance Required" light started flashing for a few seconds after each engine start. I had the first oil change done a few hundred miles ago by the dealer. Can I reset the light myself and save a trip to the dealer? If so, how?

Regards to all.
Here You Go..on Page 69 of your Owner's Manual:

Attachments

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Re: Re: Maintenance Light came on

SteveLuman said:

Here You Go..on Page 69 of your Owner's Manual:
Next oil change don't forget to tell the dealer that they FORGOT to do it last time.:2:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve,
Thank you so much for the reply & the image, next time I'll read the manual - I guess I was expecting to have to buy some plug-in reset gizmo al la BMW.

Regards.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
No Problem

Morris Minor said:
Steve,
Thank you so much for the reply & the image, next time I'll read the manual - I guess I was expecting to have to buy some plug-in reset gizmo al la BMW.

Regards.
That's what this forum is for.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Question regarding the Mainenance Light...

I understand that Honda recommends the first service at 7500 miles unless under bad driving conditions, it is closer to 3500, so my question is;

does the light help determine when the service is needed ie at 3700 miles it might come on, or does anyone know if it is set according to the miles and comes on as you are nearing 7500???

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: Question regarding the Mainenance Light...

klowry said:
I understand that Honda recommends the first service at 7500 miles unless under bad driving conditions, it is closer to 3500, so my question is;

does the light help determine when the service is needed ie at 3700 miles it might come on, or does anyone know if it is set according to the miles and comes on as you are nearing 7500???
AFAIK the light only knows the 6K and 7.5K routine.

(pretty stupid light huh?? ) :32:

:2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts