Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
My 2009 has 205K miles. The Pilot is very reliable. With basic maintenance and timing belt changes they'll go for 300K. Most of what goes is maintenance type stuff like brakes and spark plugs which I don't think would be covered. Stabilizer bushings and end links also go but these are very cheap to replace. Honda has extended the warranty on front lower control arms which can an issue. Another factor is that the 09-15 pilot is commodity-type vehicle now and aftermarket parts are incredibly cheap. If it were me I'd skip the warranty.

·
Registered
556 Posts
If you know the history of the car that you can share so we'd know what has been addressed. Common issues are the control arm and VCM/piston ring issue. You might be out of the extended warranty for those.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Get a VCM muzzler.
Radiator failure (internal transmission oil cooler leak) can break your transmission.
Spool valve gasket leak can take our you alternator.
Front brake rotors tend to warp very early, just keep buying new replacements.

Change ALL fluids on a regular maintenance interval.

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX-L
98 Posts
Front wheel hub bearings. Spool valve leaks. Valve cover gasket leaks. Starter noise. Otherwise fine.
Who's selling a 2011 with warranty nowadays? Unless it's a Honda Certified warranty
that will cover you for most issues, it's not really worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts