Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. My Pilot won't start and think I've tracked it down to the main relay, but just one issue. Can't find the f'in relay. Looked everywhere, and can't find anything on the interweb to guide me. Please help!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
It is under the dashboard, driver side, along the steering wheel column. This should help.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
That's for a 2003. If it's not in the same location, try looking up behind the interior driver's side fuse box near your left foot. IIRC it's super awkward to get at, and I don't know why Honda engineers put it there. Of course, I'm just speculating it's there because I have a 2006. Hope you find it. :)

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
That's for a 2003. If it's not in the same location, try looking up behind the interior driver's side fuse box near your left foot. IIRC it's super awkward to get at, and I don't know why Honda engineers put it there. Of course, I'm just speculating it's there because I have a 2006. Hope you find it. :)
Someone should feel free to jump in if they can confirm or deny.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot LX
2,191 Posts
If your head is on the driver floor and you’re looking up towards the steering column there is a cluster of 4 relays. I believe the relay closest to the driver’s right knee is the relay you’re looking for. That relay shuts off the fuel pump. I had to remove that relay, to alleviate fuel pressure, when replacing the knock sensor. I’ll see if I can find a photo.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot LX
2,191 Posts
See post 19 for the photo (it’s not very good though). If I remember correctly two relays were blue and two relays were brown. They were a pain to remove.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: Fuel pump is good, fuel is present at the motor. Voltages are good at pump and through the relays, but no spark at the coils. Ugh.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
If you have two keys, does it do the same with both? If you anly have the one, it could be an immobilizer issue.

·
Registered
2005 Pilot EXL
120 Posts
Update: Fuel pump is good, fuel is present at the motor. Voltages are good at pump and through the relays, but no spark at the coils. Ugh.
How did you test coil? Put a plug in and ground to engine? Did that on motorcycles, but don’t know if that’s how you do with car coils?
Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts