Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all. My Pilot won't start and think I've tracked it down to the main relay, but just one issue. Can't find the f'in relay. Looked everywhere, and can't find anything on the interweb to guide me. Please help!

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,884 Posts
It is under the dashboard, driver side, along the steering wheel column. This should help.

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
That's for a 2003. If it's not in the same location, try looking up behind the interior driver's side fuse box near your left foot. IIRC it's super awkward to get at, and I don't know why Honda engineers put it there. Of course, I'm just speculating it's there because I have a 2006. Hope you find it. :)

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
That's for a 2003. If it's not in the same location, try looking up behind the interior driver's side fuse box near your left foot. IIRC it's super awkward to get at, and I don't know why Honda engineers put it there. Of course, I'm just speculating it's there because I have a 2006. Hope you find it. :)
Someone should feel free to jump in if they can confirm or deny.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,371 Posts
If your head is on the driver floor and you’re looking up towards the steering column there is a cluster of 4 relays. I believe the relay closest to the driver’s right knee is the relay you’re looking for. That relay shuts off the fuel pump. I had to remove that relay, to alleviate fuel pressure, when replacing the knock sensor. I’ll see if I can find a photo.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,371 Posts
See post 19 for the photo (it’s not very good though). If I remember correctly two relays were blue and two relays were brown. They were a pain to remove.

Reactions: aggrex and plplplpl

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
If you have two keys, does it do the same with both? If you anly have the one, it could be an immobilizer issue.

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 227,700 Miles
835 Posts
Update: Fuel pump is good, fuel is present at the motor. Voltages are good at pump and through the relays, but no spark at the coils. Ugh.
How did you test coil? Put a plug in and ground to engine? Did that on motorcycles, but don’t know if that’s how you do with car coils?
Thanks

·
Registered
10,884 Posts

So glad to hear you solved it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took half the car apart to find that out. Thanks a ton plplplpl, no telling how much you saved me in headache and heartache.
That did it. Went to an old key and it fired right up.

Hi I have a question I have 05 Honda pilot EX-L no fire but cranks the green key light blinks a few times before during and after start up I thought it was immobilizer sys but the locksmith said it wasn't on I only have the one key and it is the valet key there is no master key they said when I bought it she shut it off and wouldnt fire does anyone have info on this I'm new to working on things so please help sorry if I didn't give good enough discription

·
Registered
23 Posts
I second this fix, i had the same break down on the freeway. power post, gauges and blower motor still working. Pulled off to the shoulder, 10min later started up. Once home I checked for codes finding none. At first I was thinking cam or crank sensor,but these would throw a code. Although loss in fuel pressure on early vehicles don't register with the ecu, which lead me to this post. Thank you for your input and saving us all the headache.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts