Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since the stickied autostart post got locked for new replies. I created a new one here so you know it's possible.

Features.
  • When you start the car it will automatically after 5 seconds (programmable) disable the auto start.
  • Works in accessory mode as well so when you start the car the autostop is already disabled.
  • You can continue to use the autostop/start button without lost of functionality.
Video showing proof of concept. (not sure why sound isn't working)

Here's the timer relay device I used. It has a lot of features so you have to program which options you want. After the relay turns off the autostart it will release control so you can still control it.

I think I used this setting on the relay, "P1--2: time delay relay after T1 (T1 timer), then the delay time T2 successor electrical release (T2 timing) ends. "

Timer Relay

• You need three wires to make it work which is all found on the same plug with the autostart button
    • Black for ground
    • Green for Ignition 12VDC on
    • Yellow to disable auto start
Edit: The relay after sensing ignition 12VDC will start the count down for 5 second. After 5 seconds relay closes contact between relay contact K0 and relay contact K1 and afterwards the relay goes back to open contact.

It is simulating the button push because K1 (green wire) is connected K0 (yellow wire). It's the same thing if you were manually pushing the button.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Very nice, thanks for sharing. I was pretty sure doing something like this would not be that hard but I like the feature so I have not thought about it too much. Nice for those who want to shut it off though!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The button still works. It's just now automatically disabled when you start the car. If you want to use the feature just push the autostop button again.

The relay is "pushing" the button for you when you start the car so you don't have to do it all the time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Very nice, thanks for sharing. I was pretty sure doing something like this would not be that hard but I like the feature so I have not thought about it too much. Nice for those who want to shut it off though!
Give it some time and then you will hate the feature like the rest of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Give it some time and then you will hate the feature like the rest of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol We will see, I might. I use the brake peddle to manipulate how it works and so far have no real issues with it. In all honesty, there are only two times where I find it annoying. When I am in line dropping my son off at school I turn it off so it is not starting and stopping as I slowing move forward. Easily fixed by hitting the button when this is going to happen. The second is when I pull into the driveway and it shuts off before I put it into park which I find the most annoying since it has to start back up again just to put it into park. Beyond that though, I have no issues with it and like I said, I use the brake peddle to control it under normal driving conditions. When the light is about to turn green, I just lift up slightly on the brake and it starts back up so I am ready to go when traffic starts moving. When I don't want it to stop, I just don't press down as hard on the brake as long as I am not on a downhill. Works pretty good for me but I understand why some people don't like it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Regarding your second issue, if you press the start/stop button rather than the park button, the engine will not restart and the transmission will be set to park.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I provided a link to the timer relay device in the original post.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Doesn't work for me either on my PC or phone.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is the one I ordered and has the same functional option as the one used in this post. It does NOT need the trigger and will do exactly what the one here does when it gets powered on.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BT32T1M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Enclosure for the module if so desired to use one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/172550623624

Although I don't have an issue with the Auto Stop \ Start, I do see the benefit in having it off by default and turning in on when you want to use it. I am still trying to identify the wire harness plug to see if I can order the male and female versions to make this truly plug and play. I will draw up some detailed schematics on this once I put mine together in case anyone else wants to see it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How difficult is it to install this? And does it void any type of warranty? Would the dealership do anything about it? I absolutely hate having to push that button and have always felt it should be an "opt in" to the auto stop vs "opt out".

·
Registered
58 Posts
I posted more detailed instructions here. Any non Honda approved device can cause warranty concerns but if done correctly, this truly is just the same as pressing the button. The board draws a very small amount of current. Around 13 ma at idle and around 50 ma during the second of activating the relay. I also use a fuse in my instructions to further prevent any issues with putting this mod in place.
https://www.piloteers.org/threads/a...y-default-ver-3-detailed.164718/#post-1624452

·
Registered
9 Posts
I posted more detailed instructions here. Any non Honda approved device can cause warranty concerns but if done correctly, this truly is just the same as pressing the button. The board draws a very small amount of current. Around 13 ma at idle and around 50 ma during the second of activating the relay. I also use a fuse in my instructions to further prevent any issues with putting this mod in place.
https://www.piloteers.org/threads/a...y-default-ver-3-detailed.164718/#post-1624452
Oh this is awesome, thank you. I found the original post and started reading through it. I've had the same issue where the engine failed to restart and it can throw you into a panic real quick. I'll have to look into this. Thanks again!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I found this great wire tap that you can use if you don't want to just chance shoving a wire in the connector. If for whatever reason you need to disconnect the module you only need unplug the wire, leaving the tap in place should you ever want to reinstall it, no tape or tie wraps needed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts