Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
The price between LX and EX (base) is about $2k.
I see that the main difference are :
1) Auto headlights ON/OFF
2) roof rack
3) privacy glass
4) cargo net
5) same body color of the bottom stripes

Other than (1) & (5), we should be able to get the other stuff in after market for less than $800.
Maybe I am missing something else, but is $2k worth the additions ?
I got a quotation for dealer installed leather for $1395, I wonder how is it compare to aftermarket leather price...

Thanks ! :confused:

·
Registered
620 Posts
pwm88 said:
Hi,
The price between LX and EX (base) is about $2k.
I see that the main difference are :
1) Auto headlights ON/OFF
2) roof rack
3) privacy glass
4) cargo net
5) same body color of the bottom stripes

Other than (1) & (5), we should be able to get the other stuff in after market for less than $800.
Maybe I am missing something else, but is $2k worth the additions ?
I got a quotation for dealer installed leather for $1395, I wonder how is it compare to aftermarket leather price...

Thanks ! :confused:
More differences:

6. alloy rims
7. beefier stereo w/subwoofer
8. keyless entry w/alarm
9. Homelink system
10. 2 more cup holders
11. flod down tray in second row

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
better sound 7 speaker vs 5 speaker.
Anti theft system, I believe LX doesn't have one.
That's all i can add to your list.
We almost went LX, but glad we went for EX now

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the replies.... I'm clearer now...

Summary (main costly ones):
(1) Auto Headlights
(2) privacy tint
(3) security alarm+keyless remote
(4) 7 speaker stereo w/sub
(5) roof rack
(6) Alloy Rims
(7) same body color of bottom stripes

I think that justify $2k...

Thanks.

74PILOTMOM said:
better sound 7 speaker vs 5 speaker.
Anti theft system, I believe LX doesn't have one.
That's all i can add to your list.
We almost went LX, but glad we went for EX now
:)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
pwm88 said:
Thanks for all the replies.... I'm clearer now...

Summary (main costly ones):
(1) Auto Headlights
(2) privacy tint
(3) security alarm+keyless remote
(4) 7 speaker stereo w/sub
(5) roof rack
(6) Alloy Rims
(7) same body color of bottom stripes

I think that justify $2k...

Thanks.

:)
I thought so too- I couldn't handle the look of the unpainted side molding and bargain-basement rims!

Plus, the leather option- needed easy cleanup interior with my herd of kids!

·
Registered
747 Posts
more

Don't forgot EX has climate control

I think it justify 2K allright, But do you need them all? I think I am better off with my setting with at least 1k sitting in my stock account working for me now.

Ex has 4 cupholder if 2nd seat has two pessanger. 2 cupholder when 3 sit in. Same as LX.

I don't really need that cassette player.

Don't like auto headlight since my other car don't have it, can't afford to keep this habit.

I understnad LX is actually rare now since most buys EX

If you are handy, LX can be a very good choice for you.

·
Registered
305 Posts
One of the biggest ones for me is the stereo controls on the steering wheel.

I felt it was a HUGE PLUS to keep my wife's attention on the road since this is the largest vehicle she has ever had (not to mention a couple of near misses in the past as she was changing stations).

Besides, I think the black molded lines and non-tinted windows make the truck look much cheaper and older than it is. -- No offense to those that have the LX. Its just my opinion.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Qbrozen said:

Besides, I think the black molded lines and non-tinted windows make the truck look much cheaper and older than it is. -- No offense to those that have the LX. Its just my opinion.

Oh, really? Look is often illusion

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
Re: more

timchen said:
I think I am better off with my setting with at least 1k sitting in my stock account working for me now.
Wish my stocks were <i>working</i> for me. Based on my last statement, I've actually saved money by putting it into an EX rather than stocks... :D

·
Registered
747 Posts
Re: Re: more

rtresco said:

Wish my stocks were <i>working</i> for me. Based on my last statement, I've actually saved money by putting it into an EX rather than stocks... :D
Are you serious? In today's market? My account gain more than 10% in just few weeks. You need a new broker.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: Re: more

rtresco said:

my 401k is up 15% this year...:D :D

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
timchen said:

Oh, really? Look is often illusion
Yours is CHEATING though timchen! Yours looks great with the roofrack and the Z alloys. Did you plan on adding to your Pilot when you bought it? I could see the LX being more attractive when you have upgrades like those wheels sitting in your garage!
I know you've said you prefer the black molding to painted in earlier posts, are you still glad you went with the LX after the fact? You are one of the few LX'ers around here, and it's nice to hear your input and recommendations, having the slightly different perspective.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
well if you want leather you have to get EX (or get after market leatehr)

·
Registered
747 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:

Yours is CHEATING though timchen! Yours looks great with the roofrack and the Z alloys. Did you plan on adding to your Pilot when you bought it? I could see the LX being more attractive when you have upgrades like those wheels sitting in your garage!
Guilty :2:

Yet, in fact, wheels aren't that expensive now a day. I saw some pretty 17 wheel at pepboys running only at low 100 each. I knew I won't stay with factory steel wheel when I bought my pilot. Struggle a while bwteen my Z wheels and some 17". Well, you know what happened.

$2000 for the stuffs you get in EX is a good deal, if you like them all.

·
Registered
122 Posts
LX

We'll be getting the LX for two big reasons. First it has all of the things that we need and second it is what we can afford. As soon as I can save up though I'm replacing the rims. I'll also be getting it with a remote entry and tinted windows to start so it won't be completely bare bones.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Car and Driver is quoted as saying "The LX is no stripper"

& I agree, You still get a whole lot of vehicle for the price of the average CAR, for pete's sake. 8 seats, good looks, all wheel drive, huge cargo area, Honda reliability. Can't go wrong either way.
If you just need those things I've listed, save yourself a few grand and go LX.

Do they offer fewer color options?

·
Registered
122 Posts
colors

No there is still the same color selection. Ours will be the Sage Brush Pearl color. As mentioned earlier the difference is the side cladding.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Re: Re: Re: more

Originally posted by timchen

Are you serious? In today's market? My account gain more than 10% in just few weeks. You need a new broker.
Sad but true.

I agree about dumping my broker. Actually, I started paperwork on Monday to pull EVERYTHING out of Morgan Stanley. :3:

--Rick

·
Registered
495 Posts
Re: Re: Re: more

ramirami said:

my 401k is up 15% this year...:D :D
Dang, rami... you've got to rub it in also?!!!? :D

Now, I haven't checked my 401k in a hundred years. I guess there is hope for me!!! :2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Auto headlight? what auto headlights?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts