Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone compared the audio systems of the LX and EX? The LX doesn't have a cassette player (there aren't many cassettes left these days are there?), has fewer speakers, and no subwoofer. Are other 4 speakers the same in the LX and EX? Is there the same power in the LX and EX? Is the LX system easier to upgrade? Has anyone listened to both and have any thoughts on how they compare?

We are thinking about purchasing a Pilot and cost is an issue, so we are considering the LX, but have not seen (heard) one, and that's really the only way to compare the stereo systems. Thanks...

·
Registered
305 Posts
if cost is your issue and the stereo is your only concern when stepping down to the LX, then I suggest that you simply buy the LX and have a good aftermarket system installed. Would be a heck of a lot cheaper.

I didn't even consider or look at the LX (never even saw one on any lot, as a matter of fact), so I can't help ya otherwise.

I do have to say, though, that I LOVE the fact that the stereo controls are on the steering wheel in the EX. Keeps my wife's hands and attention where they should be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts