Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have an LX that the have upgraded the factory speakers on?

I was wondering because I was looking at my rear doors and noticed I have the grills for speakers in the door. (I am assuming the LX with only 4 speakers has 2 in dash tweeters and 2 front doors mid range).

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has looked into the rear doors and is there wiring already set up for speakers? If I take the panel off can I just stick some speakers inthere and connect them to existing wiring?

also, how much has the sound & volume improved with better speakers in the front (and/or rear)?

Any info would be appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oops. I forgot. If anyone knows of a thread that already covers this please direct me if you can...

searching for speaker upgrade has not done much for me and LX search is impossible :)

thanks again

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
rock said:
...I was wondering because I was looking at my rear doors and noticed I have the grills for speakers in the door. (I am assuming the LX with only 4 speakers has 2 in dash tweeters and 2 front doors mid range)...
I would suspect that the LX has one in each door and none in the dash (4 total). If it doesn't have speakers in the rear doors, then there probably won't be any wiring either - since the Manufacturer has no need to pull speaker wire to these locations.

Here's a link to a thread with an overview diagram of the EX system (the "amp" mentioned in the post is for the antenna).

Browse more of Audio & Electronics forum for opinions about speaker upgrades. Generally, if you improve the speaker quality you will notice improved sound quality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts