Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me just less than 2 hrs to install. The hard part is measuring and cutting the moulding. Actual cutting length is little different from the instruction. I left more on it than the instruction's length. Overall, it's pretty easy job.

It looks pretty good. I saw the EX w/ cross bar, it looks like an add-on, it looks little strange... I think the LX roofrack looks better IMHO.

I also installed mud guard, another 30 minutes job. I had to drill a hole for a screw, which instruction doesn't mention...

I am waiting for my alarm which I ordered from Tim and UPS lost. Tim told me he'd send me another one...
I am considering self install it too...

·
Registered
14 Posts
roof rack etc

LXblack, (btw you're my hero), I've got the Ex alloys on my Lx, I've got the bodycolored molding ordered, and now I'm thinking abou the roof rack. Do you have any picture of your car with the rack installed? (I know you said it looks better than the EX's rack, I want to check it out..) Also, are you getting any wind noise from having it on top? Let me know, thanks.

KR:)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
new2honda

I haven't taken a photo yet, I will take one with my digital camera and post it Monday.
I didn't know you can order the body colored moulding... What color do you have and what did the molding cost?
Let me know how the install goes.
I also self-installed the alarm, that install was very painful, and would rather not do it again, but it's very do-able if you are methodical and have ~3 hours. Did you do the mud flaps, it's not expensive and well worth it.
I received my towing package from Tim, and will be installing it in next couple of days. I also have bike rack for hitch on the way.
I also tinted my windows (even the front ones). Front ones were very light ones... Cost $140 for me. I looks very nice. It's little darker than EX's.
Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
cost of molding

Dan,

My parts manager at my local dealer said $270 for both sides of coloured bodyside molding (silver). I think there are 4 pieces per side. Then I have to pay them to install it....

I wouldn't think it's neccesary with a black LX, though...

On the Q about honda accesories, here's where I would check:

This Tim guy who is refered a lot to in this forum ([email protected]) and:
http://www.handa-accessories.com/pilot.html
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/parts/extension/pilot/03pilot.htm

KR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts