Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will have 3 LX Rims/tires( OEM Goodyear Integrity 235/70/16)) for sale when my Pilot arrives in approx. two weeks. I am going to a 17X7 rim and Continental Contact tires. They make a great fullsize spare. They will be $90 each plus shipping. These tires are$62 each from Tire Rack, so I think the price is fair. If you would like one just let me know and I will notify you when I can ship them. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'd be interested in taking one of those off your hands. . .how would we work payment of the $90?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'll take one too. How will you work the shipping???

·
Registered
236 Posts
Shipping

I might be interested in one - how much for shipping?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LX Rims/Tires

For you fellow members that want a fullsize spare....send me an email with your name and address and I will ship them to you as Tire Rack does...cardboard inside and out, bound with nylon fasteners. Depending on your zip codes, shipping, I am guessing it will be $8-12 each. With your zip codes I will be able to inform you of exact shipping costs. I will contact you to send a check and I will ship the same day!! My Pilot should be arriving in "approx. 2 weeks". Any questions, just email me. Thanks, Marc

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Stupid Question Time

Do the alloy and steel wheel use the same lugs?

I realy want an alloy for a spare, but might go for a steel.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lug nuts

My salesman informed me that all lug nuts are the same regardless of the wheel. If you are concerned about wt. using a steel wheel vs. alloy...yes it will be some heavier but on a automobile that aready comes in at over 4000 lbs, I would not worry about an additional 10-15 lbs if even that much.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Alloy wheel

Mostly I want an alloy so if a wheel gets dinged I have a spare, rather than having to buy another.
With an alloy I can keep my best old tire as my spare without haveing to unmount/remount it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LXRims/Tires

N-Jay, Yes the advantage of a 5th alloy rim is you can place it into your tire rotation. The down side is approx.$130 you need to spend on a OEM rim and another approx $ 70 on the tire. If you are interested in one of mine instead for about $100, just let me know.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Yes I know

Hmm, maybe somebody will update their EX to MDX wheels, and sell the old ones cheap?

Well, I guy can wish!

As my luck goes;
If I buy it there will be some alloys at the same price in a week or two,

AND, if I don't I will get a flat while on a trip in a week or two and have to pay a whole lot to get a new tire.

As someone here has said;
I used to be indecisive, but now I am not sure.

·
Registered
236 Posts
N_Jay

Your luck sounds like mine!

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

·
Registered
16 Posts
EX Alloywheel and tire

Hi N_Jay,

It looks like you are looking for Pilot EX Alloy wheel and tire to use it as a Spare tire. It is a good idea. I am also looking for one. I found on ebay see the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1852113390

But he is selling all 4 as a set, So all we have to do is find 2 other persons who wants an EX alloy wheel and tire So that we can take each one.

you can reach me at [email protected].

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
If it goes for the $500 (plus shipping, maybe twice if he won't ship them to 4 different places) I might be in.
If it goes any higher I will keep waiting.
Maybe some one with a slightly scratched wheel and slightly worn tire wants to sell (*Cheap).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts