Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Went from nearly buying an 02 blue 5-speed CR-V, and made the jump to put down a deposit on red 03 Pilot LX. Harry Nguyen of Apple Honda in York PA took my $500 (out of just under MSRP for everything) to order one due to be built November. Damn! 2 whole months! Nervous about 1st year models, but since I only buy a new car once a DECADE for myself, I'm a year overdue, so I'll take the chance on the new bad-boy Honda. Sure loved the test drive (at another dealership), but hate to give up driving a manual for the first time in 20 years. Gotta start saving up to get a Panasonic DVD-LA95 9" screen portable dvd player to keep the wife-unit entertained for those long trips in the near future.

I'll keep details posted as I receive them.

C'mon Ottowa, lets starting cranking these Pilots OUT!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Welcome aboard galil308,

I've got a LX too. Not too many LX's here at this message board. so it's good to see you.

Now for the Countdown

Don't get too stressed, it's well worth the wait.
:4:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Tony,

Must seem to build 10 to 15 EX's for every LX based on this and other forums.

I almost ordered a Sandstone LX just like the sales manager's on the lot, the dark side molding looked very nice on that color, much to my surprise. But had told my wife she could pick the color, and was down to Redrock, Evergreen, and Sagebrush (to go better with the "dark stripe"). Other than that Sandstone, every other Pilot seen in person was an EX in EGP, Havasu, & 2 Silvers.

BTW, the manager's LX had the accessory 6-spoke wheels on, so I haven't seen the LX styled steel wheels in person. I hope they aren't as dull in person as they look on the webpage. I'm assuming the worst and will probably do aftermarket alloys. Other than the wheels, I really couldn't convince myself I NEEDED to go with the EX additional equipment, and I think I prefer the LX superior middle row comfort with no activity tray.:)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Come! Come to the Dark Side!! Muhahaha!!

No really, welcome to the club. I had the same reservations about the "First Yeam Model" syndrome, but I took comfort in knowing that most of the vital components (engine, frame, brakes, transmission, etc.) were thoroughly tested through the Acura MDX program. It's not like you're buying VIN 00001 of the Honda Insight.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

If you have to wait two months for it, consider it your Christmas present.

- Ben

<< MSG: this forum is not affiliated with any religious denomination >>

·
Registered
28 Posts
LX Purchase

We also put a deposit down on a Havasu Blue PILOT LX at the begining of July. Our additions were a side step, mud flaps and a day-night mirror.

We're starting to see a lot more PILOT's on the road. Maybe 2 or 3 a week. We're in Northeast Texas. Don't know if they're EX's or LX's but it's still exciting.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was going for an LX but got convinced we needed the leather. I liked the black molding on the side of the vehicle and now that some people are having paint problems I'm a little worried about mine.

Overall I love my Pilot and no matter what trim level you have I'm sure you will enjoy it.

About the wheels - they are a steel stamp out but are not the worst - the first Pilot I ever looked at was a black LX that the dealer had put 18" Chrome wheels on it - I hated that look. If you’re going to add aftermarket wheels I'd stick with Honda/Acura or something that looks like it - just a preference thing on my part I guess.

One accessory that I think the LX needs is the roof rack - It just seems to be missing something in my eyes without!

Good luck and welcome to the group!

Jason

·
Registered
289 Posts
galil308

Welcome. Hope you enjoy this site and learn as much as I have. Don't feel too bad about a 2 month wait. Some of us waited 4-5 months. It really is a nice vehicle. I too only buy a car about once every 10-11 years and this is the first new NEW car I've bought since 1985 so needless to say the changes in that time period mean a whole different driving experience. :cool:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Welcome galil308...from another junior member.
If you've been "lurking" for awhile you already know this place is a perverbial Pit of Pilot info!
Congrats on your purchase!! Keep us posted.:D

·
Registered
991 Posts
galil308 said:
Hello,
Went from nearly buying an 02 blue 5-speed CR-V, and made the jump to put down a deposit on red 03 Pilot LX. Harry Nguyen of Apple Honda in York PA took my $500 (out of just under MSRP for everything) to order one due to be built November. Damn! 2 whole months! Nervous about 1st year models, but since I only buy a new car once a DECADE for myself, I'm a year overdue, so I'll take the chance on the new bad-boy Honda. Sure loved the test drive (at another dealership), but hate to give up driving a manual for the first time in 20 years. Gotta start saving up to get a Panasonic DVD-LA95 9" screen portable dvd player to keep the wife-unit entertained for those long trips in the near future.

I'll keep details posted as I receive them.

C'mon Ottawa, lets starting cranking these Pilots OUT!!
yeah.... Honda will only pump out 80000 Pilots for this year and next! (not enough to supply the U.S) it seems to low and only place making them is in Ontario, but this way Honda will sell every last unit, so I guess they are guarrented good profits!

mine will be in next month.. have fun with yours

rob

·
Registered
494 Posts
galil308,

I've got some Pictures posted of my LX Pilot with the Standard Rims, so you might get an idea on how the rims look. :cool:
Here's the links.
Aizona Desert Picts

Arizona Monsoon Season

And there's one Picture in this thread
http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1066&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

cscharlin,
You can usually tell the difference between the LX and the EX at a glance, by looking at the side molding and the mirrors.

An LX has black mirrors and black or gray side molding thats fairly wide about 6 to 8 inches.

The EX has body color mirrors and side molding.

If you see one with a thin black molding, about 3 or 4 inches wide running down the sides, it's more likely an CRV. They also have a spare on the rear door.

Sometimes it gets confusing when you are trying to find a pilot out on streets. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Honda figures it will sell 80% EX and up, versus 20% LX. Unfortunatly Honda can't crank them out fast enough. Word has it that Honda will be building another Odyssey plant in the near future to support demand. Will no doubt take a good many more years before we see another plant tooling out Pilots. Until then, two months and counting 1.2.3.4.5. etc.............. welcome to the family!

·
Registered
664 Posts
galil308
All right another Central PA Pilot owner. I think we just about have enough people to get a local group started. I've seen one other York lemming on the board along with a pair from Lancaster and one other (plus me) from the Hummelstown area. It is a great vehicle, you won't be disappointed. It's substantially bigger and quieter than the CR-V. Of course the engine kicks in comparison too. You'll like it.

Leo

·
Registered
509 Posts
banningjr said:
galil308
All right another Central PA Pilot owner. I think we just about have enough people to get a local group started. I've seen one other York lemming on the board along with a pair from Lancaster and one other (plus me) from the Hummelstown area. It is a great vehicle, you won't be disappointed. It's substantially bigger and quieter than the CR-V. Of course the engine kicks in comparison too. You'll like it.

Leo
Hey galil308,

A hearty welcome from the fellow Hummelstonian that Leo refers to! So where we gettin' together!?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts