Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Luncheon 4?

4977 40
Luncheon 3?

Hi folks, new Pilot owner in the area. Sounds like the last 2 were ton's of fun and number 3 is past due.

Perhaps something in the Spring? Lot's of mentions of Anne's Dairy Creme in the #2 thread making me hungry for a chilidog (and I'll admit it's 10 minutes from my house :))
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
260 Posts
Is that the place near the entrance of Marley Station Mall I remember from years ago?

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, the very same!

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh for Pete's sake, did I just stick myself with organizing Luncheon 3? :bonk:

· Registered
11,049 Posts
Reef said:
Oh for Pete's sake, did I just stick myself with organizing Luncheon 3? :bonk:
Actually it would be number 4 for the DC crowd. I attended number 2 on October 18 of '03, and unfortunately missed the 3rd one, which went off with a small but lively crowd in October of '04.

The first one was in the Maryland hills near Thurmont, the second was a burger joint in Laurel, and the 3rd was at the Four Seasons along the 70/270 corridor.:p

· Registered
260 Posts
Re: Luncheon 3?

Reef said:
Hi folks, new Pilot owner in the area. Sounds like the last 2 were ton's of fun and number 3 is past due.

Perhaps something in the Spring? Lot's of mentions of Anne's Dairy Creme in the #2 thread making me hungry for a chilidog (and I'll admit it's 10 minutes from my house :))
Man this was a surprise. Just saw that Ann's Dari-Creme (so that's how you spell it??) made Travelocity's list of "Local Secrets, Big Finds 2005".

Ann's Dari-Creme
Glen Burnie
Some say it's got the "best hot dogs and milkshakes in Maryland." Although the name may seem a bit misleading, there is no doubt that this is "a foot-long hot dog joint"--you can even order two foot-longs in a bun! Plan your visit for when "you want to sit on the outside benches or in your car" because there is no indoor seating. In fact, "locals go anytime." The women behind the counter exude that diner charm, "between calling you 'hon' to remembering every order down to 'hold the onions please.'"

· Registered
152 Posts
Re: Re: Luncheon 3?

DanL said:
Ann's Dari-Creme
Glen Burnie
Some say it's got the "best hot dogs and milkshakes in Maryland." (snipped...)
So who's voting for Ann's Dari-Creme?

And can one of the moderators change this thread to "Luncheon 4"? :confused:

· Registered
7,945 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Luncheon 3?

Mark B said:

And can one of the moderators change this thread to "Luncheon 4"? :confused:
DONE

· Registered
152 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Luncheon 3?

ramirami said:
Thanks ramirami!

Does anybody have another place to recommend?

· Registered
2,168 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Luncheon 3?

Mark B said:
Thanks ramirami!

Does anybody have another place to recommend?
This would also be along the lines of Ann's Dari-Creme, but another possibility would be Jimmie-Cone in Mt. Airy, MD.

I think Jimmie-Cone's fare is similar to Dari-Creme's (ice cream, milkshakes, flurries, chili dogs, etc). Also like Dari-Creme, there's no indoor seating but the location is on the edge of an expansive shopping center parking lot that offers room to park the Pilots and where we ought to be able to gather without disturbing others (or them us). Mt. Airy is just off Interstate 70 that runs between Baltimore and Frederick (closer to Frederick than Baltimore).

I'm also open to other suggestions. I'm thinking that we'd most likely want someplace casual, inexpensive, not overly hard to get to, and with room to spread out a bit.

· Registered
152 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Luncheon 3?

Ziploc said:
...I'm also open to other suggestions. I'm thinking that we'd most likely want someplace casual, inexpensive, not overly hard to get to, and with room to spread out a bit.
Yep, that sounds good!

I'll offer another incentive for people to attend the luncheon: I'll bring my new OBD-II code scanner that can read and reset any code from our Pilots. If anybody has had the "check engine" light come on, or any other warning light, the scanner will show the number which is translated to english in the repair manual (which I'll also bring). It can also show the current values of the sensors while the Pilot is running.

· Registered
9,081 Posts
colorider said:

It did? One of these times I REALLY hope to make it to your luncheon - as long as it coincides with a motorcycle trip out your way.

:)
Shoot, even if there's no luncheon, feel free to swing on by to say HELLO and grab a bite to eat!!! Sack out on the couch for the night... Babysit the boys while my wife and I go out for dinner and a movie... :p

· Premium Member
6,635 Posts
kemosabe said:

Shoot, even if there's no luncheon, feel free to swing on by to say HELLO and grab a bite to eat!!! Sack out on the couch for the night... Babysit the boys while my wife and I go out for dinner and a movie... :p
Hmmm, seems like I received that SAME invite one time before. Only difference, I don't think you offered me a "bite to eat" that time!! Sounds like you are raising the stakes!

:rolleyes:

· Registered
9,081 Posts
colorider said:

Hmmm, seems like I received that SAME invite one time before. Only difference, I don't think you offered me a "bite to eat" that time!! Sounds like you are raising the stakes!

:rolleyes:
Did I hear you mention that you want steak to eat? Can do! Gas grill is on the deck -- just need to restock the propane for the summer season! :cool:

· Premium Member
6,635 Posts
kemosabe said:

Did I hear you mention that you want steak to eat? Can do! Gas grill is on the deck -- just need to restock the propane for the summer season! :cool:
Actually - prefer a good ole hamburger to a steak. What time shall I be there??

:D

· Registered
190 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Luncheon 3?

Mark B said:
Yep, that sounds good!

I'll offer another incentive for people to attend the luncheon: I'll bring my new OBD-II code scanner that can read and reset any code from our Pilots. If anybody has had the "check engine" light come on, or any other warning light, the scanner will show the number which is translated to english in the repair manual (which I'll also bring). It can also show the current values of the sensors while the Pilot is running.
Mark, did you move to the Washington DC/Metro Area?
Your location says you're from South Jersey.

· Registered
11,049 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Luncheon 3?

pilot_chip said:

Mark, did you move to the Washington DC/Metro Area?
Your location says you're from South Jersey.
He lives in South Jersey and drives a couple of hours to get to a DC meet. What better way to do it than in a Pilot, though. :p

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.