Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping this is the worst problem I will encounter since it really is minor....

The drivers seat (cloth) in my EX has what feels like a lump right where (to put it bluntly) your right but cheek goes. Having pressed the seat with my hand it actually feels like there is too much stitching between the main cushion and the side part of the seat.

I was just wondering (a) if any one else had experienced this and, (b) what my chances might be of getting it fixed at the dealer. It is actually quite uncomfortable even on my short (10 mile) drive to and from work.

Alan

·
Registered
664 Posts
That's odd my wife always says the lump is behind the wheel!

I have not heard of this one. I'd have the dealer take the cover off and check the cushion. Maybe something did get rolled or stuffed under there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
EX cloth drivers seat

I have felt this way since I picked up the Pilot. It is my wifes car and I don't drive it much but when I do, I find it very uncomfortable. My wife thinks it is very comfortable so I didn't complain. But I strongly agree with you. Seat is very hard and starts to hurt the top of my right leg after about 10 minutes. There are a couple of people complaining about it on Edmunds

·
Registered
2 Posts
One item that may cause this discomfort is the seat pan under the cushion. I had taken my Pilot to an automobile upholstery shop (Geisens in Laguna Hills CA) and they ended up cutting off the risers from the seat pan. That made all the difference in the world!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
headwest said:
One item that may cause this discomfort is the seat pan under the cushion. I had taken my Pilot to an automobile upholstery shop (Geisens in Laguna Hills CA) and they ended up cutting off the risers from the seat pan. That made all the difference in the world!
Any "after" pics to highlight the mod?

:needpics:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
banningjr said:
That's odd my wife always says the lump is behind the wheel!
...snip

My friends would say there's an intermittent lump in the seat, only when the vehicle is running or moving. :p Of course, there was a second there last Wednesday as the accident I was in was ocurring that I almost ended up with a lump in my seat. ;)

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
jay said:
[ S N I P P E D ]
Of course, there was a second there last Wednesday as the accident I was in was ocurring that I almost ended up with a lump in my seat. ;)
...and a warm, yellow stream down the side of jay's legs!!! :eek: :p :runaway:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
kemosabe said:
...and a warm, yellow stream down the side of jay's legs!!! :eek: :p :runaway:
Thank goodness leather's an easy cleanup, and it was dark trouser Wednesday!:31:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts