Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm changing rims on my 2016 Pilot for winter. My aftermarket rims have Acorn/60 degree tapered lug nuts. Is this the same as OEM or do the pilots have ball bype nuts? Want to know if i need to buy new nuts for the after market rims?

·
Registered
402 Posts
If the aftermarket wheels come with new lugnuts (they should, and that's what it sounds like you meant) then use them. Keep the OEM lugnuts for your factory wheels.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
857 Posts
I am just using the original chrome nuts on my steelies for the winter and have had no problems. Torque them up to OEM spec and they stay tight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies The new rims have no nuts so that brings up my question. If they are ball type nuts will they hold tight on a tapered wheel?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
The new rims have no nuts so that brings up my question. If they are ball type nuts will they hold tight on a tapered wheel?
I would contact the wheel manufacturer (since they are new) to confirm what lug nuts are safe to use. We wouldn’t want some loose nut driving down the road. That information will give you peace of mind knowing that you’re using the correct lug nuts with the right taper design. For another reference source look at McGard.com as they offer nuts in a few different styles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts