Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I have the 2020. Honda pilot touring edition with AWD with 20" oem wheels. For winter tires I thought I would downsize.
I to bought a set of steelis 17" rims. Plesee advise as
I think I will have to get lug nuts for the new 17". I saw some on Amazon but some show rust over period of time or are breaking. Please suggest some good options.

Please advise if someone has used
McGard 64069 Chrome Cone Seat Lug Nut Set

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,328 Posts
I don't know the price of the Honda lug nut for steel wheels, but after market ones are so cheap you can afford to replace them whenever the need arises.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am curious as I was told by the Costco C-wheels team that the lug nut vary when using the oem 20 inch tire and 17 inch. Please help clarify.

When I check wheel-size it states same 14x1.5 size be it a 20" or 17"

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I am curious as I was told by the Costco C-wheels team that the lug nut vary when using the oem 20 inch tire and 17 inch. Please help clarify.

When I check wheel-size it states same 14x1.5 size be it a 20" or 17"
Different type of lug nuts may be required for different style/brand wheels but the thread size will not change. Check out McGard website. They claim the McGard tough nuts last but lug nuts live a hard life from heat or cold or dirt and especially damage from impact wrench jocks.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hi guys
I have the 2020. Honda pilot touring edition with AWD with 20" oem wheels. For winter tires I thought I would downsize.
I to bought a set of steelis 17" rims. Plesee advise as
I think I will have to get lug nuts for the new 17". I saw some on Amazon but some show rust over period of time or are breaking. Please suggest some good options.

Please advise if someone has used
McGard 64069 Chrome Cone Seat Lug Nut Set
The wheel seat determines the correct lug nut. The two must match. Google wheel/lug nut seat. A spherical/tapered seat is different from a conical/ball seat, but they look very similar.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
640 Posts
Also look at your spare tire. It's a steel rim and your lugs now are probably tapered on the end so you can use the spare tire if you get a flat. If it fits that, it should fit the other steel but might be longer and stick out some. You can get closed end version like you have or open also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts