Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which 2 corners of the subframe should be undone - driver front and driver rear or driver rear and passenger rear?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Which 2 corners of the subframe should be undone - driver front and driver rear or driver rear and passenger rear?
You don't need to do anything with the subframe.

Access to the driver's side rear bolt is compromised, but possible. I approached it from the inside and tolerated 1/8 turn at a time. After that marathon, others here noted that you can come in from the top if you have the right length extension for the socket.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd love to see a video of you doing it. The bold is right under the 2nd row condenser pipes.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I lowered the subframe both rear corners about as far as the big bolts would back out, i.e. about 2". It would not lower all the way even though there was enough slack in the bolts. Used the pry bar on a jack to push it down a bit more. Only then I was able to loosen the rear bolt with a 3/8" drive ratchet, then use a ratchet wrench from the inside of the subrame like Tachoma Pilot suggested. There was no way I would be able to loosen the rear bolt w/o lowering the subrame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts