Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the front lower trim without foglights? I like the look of the trim, and of the foglights, but I vary rarely use the foglights on my X5.

Also, what is the best pricing out there for the lower trim and for the foglights?

thanks!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I had them installed directly from the dealer when I picked up my Pilot.

Search the forum for best prices and installation instructions.

As for using the fogs, even though there is a separate on/off switch, mine automatically turn on when I put my headlights on. They do help with night time visibility.

If you are interested, there was a thread on here some where that talked about moving some fuses around so that you can just keep your fog lights on with the rest of the lights off. Not sure what the purpose of that would be.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
brooklynpilot said:
. . . even though there is a separate on/off switch, mine automatically turn on when I put my headlights on. . . . . .
If the lights are on with the switch off they are wired wrong.
This would not be the first time a dealer has "Not followed Instructions"

As for keeping them on without headlights.
In VERY dense fog you can see better with fogs only and park lights.
NEVER drive with fogs and no other lights.
It is more than moving some fuses, but it is not that hard. The modification actually makes the wiring simpler.

·
Registered
194 Posts
What does the interior switch look like that comes with the factory fogs? does anyone have a picture of this?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
No pic but;

It looks like the cruze control switch

·
Registered
194 Posts
Same location?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'd like to install fog lights. Just not the factory ones. I would like to use the factory toggle switch though instead of the aftermarket ones.

Does anyone know if the factory Honda fog light switch can be purchased separately?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks for the photo.
Do you think I can use that switch assembly with aftermarket fog lights?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
A switch is a switch,

The trick would be to get the right connectors.

I would think it would be easiest to use the factory harness (or part/most of it, to run the aftermarket lights.

·
Registered
797 Posts
gruffster said:
Has anyone installed the front lower trim without foglights? I like the look of the trim, and of the foglights, but I vary rarely use the foglights on my X5.

Also, what is the best pricing out there for the lower trim and for the foglights?

thanks!
Check in the gallery for pictures from CopperPoppy. Think she had hers set up that way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts