Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed while entering parking lots that in low speed turns (< 5 mph) I hear a grunting / groaning sound from the front of my Pilot. It happens going left and right, and going through pretty tight turns. Our parking lots here in KS often require a hard left and right turn to get into them, and that's where I notice the sound.

I'm sensitive to this sound because I got rid of my Jeep Grand Maintenance Nightmare because it had this same sound, which turned out to be bad bearings & worn differential gears. Will some of you fine folks please turn off the fan, stereo etc. and give a listen next time you're entering a parking lot?

Thanks!

·
Registered
964 Posts
I've noticed a noise as well when I turn the wheel even slightly. It isn't very loud but sounds like the transmission kind of 'grunting'. I too am a little concerned about it. Anyone else?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
vtec-fan said:
I've noticed while entering parking lots that in low speed turns (< 5 mph) I hear a grunting / groaning sound from the front of my Pilot. It happens going left and right, and going through pretty tight turns. Our parking lots here in KS often require a hard left and right turn to get into them, and that's where I notice the sound.

I'm sensitive to this sound because I got rid of my Jeep Grand Maintenance Nightmare because it had this same sound, which turned out to be bad bearings & worn differential gears. Will some of you fine folks please turn off the fan, stereo etc. and give a listen next time you're entering a parking lot?

Thanks!
Did you get the towing kit with coolers?

If so redo the instructiuons for getting the air out of the system.

If not have a dealer look at it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, no towing kit

Guess it's time for a trip to the dealer...thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I've listened, and not heard a peep from my Pilot. I enter sparking garage every workday morning, and make a few low speed left hand turns, and haven't heard anything two mornings in a row.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I need to make an appt to get the oil changed so I'll add the transmission noise to the list of things I'd like to get checked out.

Thanks for the input!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts