Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon!
I have a 2007 Honda Pilot EX-L with 190k miles on it. Recently, my headlights had an issue to where they were dimming and flickering a lot, and one day they just went out. The high beams work, but the low beams do not. I looked at the fuses and they seem to be fine, the headlight relay 1&2 are clicking when the light knob is turned, I replaced the light switch on the steering wheel column as well as the bulbs but so far no luck. My next thing to try was gonna be the harnesses but I wanted a second opinion before I started cutting wires. The battery, and alternator we're all replaced within 2019. Any tips? I have a multimeter but barely used it before. 馃槀

Registered
Good afternoon!
I have a 2007 Honda Pilot EX-L with 190k miles on it. Recently, my headlights had an issue to where they were dimming and flickering a lot, and one day they just went out. The high beams work, but the low beams do not. I looked at the fuses and they seem to be fine, the headlight relay 1&2 are clicking when the light knob is turned, I replaced the light switch on the steering wheel column as well as the bulbs but so far no luck. My next thing to try was gonna be the harnesses but I wanted a second opinion before I started cutting wires. The battery, and alternator we're all replaced within 2019. Any tips? I have a multimeter but barely used it before. 馃槀
Since the bulbs are good and both low beam lights were flickering at the same time. It sounds switch related.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since the bulbs are good and both low beam lights were flickering at the same time. It sounds switch related.
The switch at the steering wheel column? If so that was changed as well. I guess there is a hidden relay in the dashboard that the dealership told me about. I'm gonna look into that and replace that tomorrow, and see if that works. Keep the recommendations coming though!

Registered
I don't have a schematics in front of me, but your description makes me wonder if there's a bad/corroded ground wire.

If both bulbs were changed at the same time you could actually have dead bulbs - change one and see if it works.

Registered
i believe there is a S/B from honda "Safety Recall: Low Beam Headlights May Not Work". Give that a shot they check the wires at the low beam switch.

Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
Places I would look, start with the headlamp bulb connections for burn or overheating damage. Unlikely if this is affecting both. I am wondering if the switch itself is failing.......but go for the relays and grounds first.

Registered
Banned from wife鈥檚 2005 Pilot LX
Also check your fuses with the resistance measurement function on your multimeter. The eyeball can miss a hairline fracture in a fuse.

Additionally very the fuse fits securely its location.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts