Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to know if anyone has experienced this problem. We got our new Pilot and after having it 2 days we went on vacation for a week. Upon return, the battery was completely dead. Double-checked to make sure it wasn't my fault (door open, back hatch, etc.), and could find nothing. Jumped it and it has worked fine ever since (until last night).

The Pilot now has 1,000 miles on it. Last night I get in it to go get gas, and it starts fine. I get to the gas station and pump the gas and when I get ready to leave, I get the click-click-click when I try to fire it up. I checked the gas cap, put it in neutral and tried, put it back in park and tried, etc., for about 15 minutes. Same results. Called a friend to come give me a jump, and right as he pulls up, I try it again and it starts. Drove it home w/no radio or a/c on, let it idle for awhile, then shut it off. This morning it wouldn't start again. Grrrr! I jumped it fine, so I don't think it's the starter.

Anyone have a similar issue?

Thx.
Jeff

·
Registered
592 Posts
No agentjb. Have not heard or experienced this problem. Sounds like a trip to the dealer to have them look at it under warranty might be worth it.

Let us know.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I would definitely get your dealer to replace the battery...don't let them just re-charge it. Insist on a NEW battery. Good luck!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Might be the keys security chip...

Did you actaully put a load tester on the battery? It may just have been the security chip preventing the vehicle from cranking...

·
Registered
920 Posts
Re: Might be the keys security chip...

renov8r said:
Did you actaully put a load tester on the battery? It may just have been the security chip preventing the vehicle from cranking...
I think the security chip would let the engine crank, but not actually start. Not sure though...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on my Pilot

Well, they tested the 'draw' from the battery, and couldn't find anything wrong, so they replaced the battery. We'll see how it goes. I hope that's it, but I have my doubts. Thanks again for everyone's input.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts