Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my new pilot a little over a week now. So far I love it. I had a hard decision between a GMC envoy and the pilot. I had about decided on the pilot, but then I found this group and all the problems I heard about starting, scrunching doors, wind noise, etc almost scared me off. I also kept seeing, however, that most of you would buy one again.....so I did it. So far, knock on wood, I have had no problems at all. It rides great!

I'm looking forward to being in this group!

:4: :2:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
congrats mcwho77....you have a great vehicle. Dont worry about the problems we are just too picky:D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Congrats!!
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've had mine since 4/11. I also chose between the Pilot and the Envoy XL. The GMC incentives were very tempting, but we've owned nothing but Hondas for some time. Our plans are to keep this vehicle for a long time....so we went with the Honda. Very happy with the decision so far!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Seems that there are a few of us that had to choose between the Pilot and the envoy. When it came down to it, the envoy EXT was just plain ugly, disproportionate looking. It made me feel squeezed in with its lack of width for its size.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Enough for a round of golf

So, there are four of us who would admit to almost buying an Envoy. I'm not going to go over the details, but I'm sure we bought the right car.

·
Registered
236 Posts
My wife wanted to buy an Excursion but when she drove it and saw how hard it was to park, she changed her mind quickly. :) I didn't want an Excursion, I wanted the Honda :)

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
mcwho77 said:
I've had my new pilot a little over a week now. So far I love it. I had a hard decision between a GMC envoy and the pilot. I had about decided on the pilot, but then I found this group and all the problems I heard about starting, scrunching doors, wind noise, etc almost scared me off. I also kept seeing, however, that most of you would buy one again.....so I did it. So far, knock on wood, I have had no problems at all. It rides great!

I'm looking forward to being in this group!

:4: :2:
Glad to have you with us!! It's a GREAT group of people - all willing to help each other out with answers to virtually ANY question that comes up!

I too considered the Envoy (and it's cousins). Of the bunch, the Bravada was probably my first choice, except you could not get it with the3rd seat option.

Excellent color choice BTW!!! :7:

Good luck!
:awais:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm surprised by the number of people who also considered the Envoy. Besides expected reliability and resale, what were the key attributes that moved you toward the Pilot?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Bigrob said:
what were the key attributes that moved you toward the Pilot?
3rd row seat
4 wheel drive
gas mileage
RES and NAV availability (almost got NAV)
Price was actually cheaper
Unibody not truck frame (ie ride and handling better, increased cargo space...)

·
Registered
328 Posts
new to Honda, new to the Pilot

We just bought our new pilot on 4/3. We went into the local Honda dealer to test drive an Odyssey as our Ford Windstar had just been totalled (;o( ) and came out with a brand new Pilot. Talk about impulse purchases! We're in love. It's evergreen, w/ wood trim, saddle leather interior, running boards, fog lights, hitch, etc. It had been the dealer's demo model and they were just selling it. 1,700 miles and in-stock!

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Bigrob said:
I'm surprised by the number of people who also considered the Envoy. Besides expected reliability and resale, what were the key attributes that moved you toward the Pilot?
I like the exterior looks of the Envoy, but it is smaller inside than the Pilot. I also would never ever knowingly buy another GM product.

I've purchased two, one in 1981 where I vowed never again; then a Blazer in 1996 that was in the shop 22 times in 20 months of ownership. Traded that junk for a '98 Accord. My Pilot's been in the shop 3 times in 12,700 miles -- oil changes and tire rotations.

--Jay

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: new to Honda, new to the Pilot

carolinepb said:
We just bought our new pilot on 4/3. We went into the local Honda dealer to test drive an Odyssey as our Ford Windstar had just been totalled (;o( ) and came out with a brand new Pilot. Talk about impulse purchases! We're in love. It's evergreen, w/ wood trim, saddle leather interior, running boards, fog lights, hitch, etc. It had been the dealer's demo model and they were just selling it. 1,700 miles and in-stock!
Welcome carolinepb!

Congratulations on your new Pilot! You have good taste!! ;)
Sorry to hear about the Windstar being totalled! Hope everyone is OK! :(

Care to post your Pilot info in the Vin Table ?

Glad you're here! Safe Piloting!! :29:

·
Registered
328 Posts
ok & hi

Sure, I'll add to the table - once I figure out how to!!:rolleyes: Any tips?

Re: the Windstar - a Porsche suddenly turned left across our path in front of us and the two of us were burned by the airbags and received cuts and bruises. All 5 of us walked away from the crash - albeit shaken! woooooooooooa! :eek:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: ok & hi

carolinepb said:
Sure, I'll add to the table - once I figure out how to!!:rolleyes: Any tips?

Re: the Windstar - a Porsche suddenly turned left across our path in front of us and the two of us were burned by the airbags and received cuts and bruises. All 5 of us walked away from the crash - albeit shaken! woooooooooooa! :eek:
Just click on the Vin Table link in my last post. It'll take you to a thread called Vin Number's - Aggregated. Havasu is keeping all of our Pilot info in a table so we can see who, what , where & when.
Kemosabe has just started taking the info and putting it into charts so we can easily see the stats. Havasu was going to link Kemosabe's Pilot Date thread in the Vin Table. You'll see what to do once you get there! :29:

So glad everyone is OK! Scary!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts