Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
The first sound sounds like a squeaky brake to me. Have you looked at how much brake pad you have left? The 2nd high pitched squeal concerns me. This may be a dry wheel bearing.

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
2nd video sounds like a warped rotor. It is best to get it inspected and repaired.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts
Or maybe a brake dust shield that's bent or has a little rock stuck in it. It's common.

Or maybe the distant siren of a LEO on his way to ticket you for using your cellphone while driving. :D

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,409 Posts
^^^^
When I heard the noise my first thought was "dust shield". I always want to start with the cheap and easy stuff before you get worried it could be an expensive repair!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or maybe a brake dust shield that's bent or has a little rock stuck in it. It's common.

Or maybe the distant siren of a LEO on his way to ticket you for using your cellphone while driving. :D
ah the rock in the dust shield is all too common in my m3. i keep a stick in my car to poke the dust shield at least twice monthly to free a pebble causing my sports car that sounds worse than my beater pilot lol.

this video was taken on a private course :D

but I do not think it is brake related. I will check the brake shields. the sound is so loud and distinct but the car drives so damn smooth; this might be it.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
this video was taken on a private course :D
Of "course" is was...

Keep us posted, and even post pics of the culprit if you can.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
finally fixed the problem, very simple.

jacked the car up; when removing the driver side wheel. one lug nut made a large "screech" when being loosend with the breaker bar. Maybe they were over torqued casuing this noise?

The heat shield didn't look like it was making much contact but i pushed it back as much as I could. Put wheel back on and now the noise is gone. Thanks guys for your input. some rando pics below lol.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
It's always good when someone comes back and posts what the solution was for them. Glad you found it. (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts