Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Friends! I purchased a CPO Honda Pilot 2016 elite from a dealer yesterday. Today, almost the whole day wherever I parked my car I noticed water on the floor. So I took a look under the car and it seems water is dripping from a black hose that’s pointing straight down / location is somewhere in the front center portion of the car. Is this a concern and why is this happening. I have never owned a Honda Pilot before and hence the question. I have also never encountered this in my Acura or other cars. Pls do help...

·
Registered
55 Posts
If it's just water, probably condensation from the A/C. On your next drive, try turning off the A/C and then check to see if you still get water.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when I touch the puddle it feels consistent with water and I even saw it drip form the black colored small hose under the center section of the car when I bent to check.
if this is water due to ac / how do I make sure it’s that and also will this always drop now or is it likely to stop?
I can differentiate between oil and water (I know right / that’s such a duh statement 😞 .... but how do I rule out this has no antifreeze or something else as well dripping though.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the hose that’s leaking / dripping. If u see the black one in the center of the pic. It’s visible only if u magnify the image as it’s a black hose on a black background. But pls do try to enlarge the image and it will be seen clearly. Any idea what it cld be?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yes that's the A/C condensation port. What part of the country are you located? Hot humid climates such as Florida will produce lots of water.

Our 2017 Pilot and 2017 Ridgeline we set both to Auto, the A/C seems to run in Recirc mode most of the time for us, which limits the amount of humid outside air coming in. So should produce less water.

Anyway, I would not worry about it. If anything I would worry if no water was coming out, then it may be plugged and water is draining inside onto your carpets.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes that's the A/C condensation port. What part of the country are you located? Hot humid climates such as Florida will produce lots of water.

Our 2017 Pilot and 2017 Ridgeline we set both to Auto, the A/C seems to run in Recirc mode most of the time for us, which limits the amount of humid outside air coming in. So should produce less water.

Anyway, I would worry about it. If anything I would worry if no water was coming out, then it may be plugged and water is draining inside onto your carpets.
The only thing is I live in San Jose and it’s not very hot here infacf it was 60s. The humidity was 70 pct odd though.

·
Registered
216 Posts
normal. my 2012 TSX does it too. I live in the bay area too and it happens on every drive. I leave mine on AUTO at 74.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
So all this for..... dude it's just the AC doing it's job :) keep up the good work :lurk:

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you are saying water is dripping on the floor inside the Pilot, then the box around the A/C evaporator is leaking. If it's on the floor / ground under the pilot, it's just the condensation from your A/C and is perfectly normal. Every vehicle with A/C drains water when the A/C is running and there's humidity in the air.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts