Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Radio was playing fine while I was driving. Turned key off and left car parked for about 15 minutes. When I turned motor on the radio and clock were dead. Turned motor on and off a few times and still no power to radio and clock. Drove for about 10 - 15 minutes and again turned motor on and off. Still no radio or clock. After another few minutes I turned on the motor and radio and clock were working. Clock was about 30 minutes slow so the power to clock/radio had been off. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any serious advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Yes, something similar has happened to other owners. Same type of thing: no radio or clock, starts working on its own, clock behind minutes or hours.

Happened to me once the first month of ownership, hasn't yet happened again in the next seven months.

See here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Its possible you have a loose connector or faulty connection at the 40? amp "back-up" fuse located in the "under hood fuse block"... There is also a 20a radio fuse, but I doubt this is the culprit...

This backup fuse provides power to.. radio, intermittent wipers,12v accessory socket,rear defroster, interior cabin lights and sometimes power door locks...

An interesting test would be to see if you lose the "auto up/down" feature of the drivers side window when the problem occurs...

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
BreakStuff said:
...This backup fuse provides power to.. radio, intermittent wipers,12v accessory socket,rear defroster, interior cabin lights and sometimes power door locks...

An interesting test would be to see if you lose the "auto up/down" feature of the drivers side window when the problem occurs...
Everything else worked normal while the radio and clock were "dead". The odd thing is that the radio did not require the access code when it came back on. If it had truely lost the power connection, then the code should have been required to operate it again.

Has only happened once for myself and others (any multiple failures out there?) so maybe it's just some weird burn-in issue with the radio.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tim.s said:
Everything else worked normal while the radio and clock were "dead". The odd thing is that the radio did not require the access code when it came back on. If it had truely lost the power connection, then the code should have been required to operate it again.

Has only happened once for myself and others (any multiple failures out there?) so maybe it's just some weird burn-in issue with the radio.
Hope you are right. Incidentally, While the radio/clock were dead everything else including the power windows seemed to work fine. Also I did not need to use radio access code or reprogram stations.

Thanks, I really appreciate your responses when having a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts