Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it true when you buy a new car and use it for transportation like Uber in NYC you will automatically loose your car factory warranty ? any comments will help thx a lot

·
Registered
292 Posts
I think the OP is perhaps referring to a clause that would void the warranty if a vehicle is used for commercial purposes. I have heard there are such exclusions in some extended warranties, but not the basic new car warranty. But there are a lot of different mfgs with warranties, so hard to make a blanket statement.

There is also the issue of how the car mfg would know you're using your car for Uber and whether Uber driving would be considered commercial service. I suspect in practice that you'd just need not to volunteer that the car is being used for Uber service and you'd have no issue getting coverage under a basic new car warranty.

- Mark

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the OP is perhaps referring to a clause that would void the warranty if a vehicle is used for commercial purposes. I have heard there are such exclusions in some extended warranties, but not the basic new car warranty. But there are a lot of different mfgs with warranties, so hard to make a blanket statement.

There is also the issue of how the car mfg would know you're using your car for Uber and whether Uber driving would be considered commercial service. I suspect in practice that you'd just need not to volunteer that the car is being used for Uber service and you'd have no issue getting coverage under a basic new car warranty.

- Mark
thx Mark i appreciate it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
853 Posts
If your vehicle is "registered" as Taxi use, i.e. TLC plate, it will void your warranty. Does NY Uber drivers have to register as TLC, I don't think they do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts