Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently the drivers side sun visor on my 2019 EXL has gotten a bit loose when in the closed “up” position. It no longer sits tight up against the headliner and sags about a half inch. Is there a way to fix it or which replacement part do I need?

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
494 Posts
Recently the drivers side sun visor on my 2019 EXL has gotten a bit loose when in the closed “up” position. It no longer sits tight up against the headliner and sags about a half inch. Is there a way to fix it or which replacement part do I need?

Can you share a pic?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
The problem is a tensioner clip inside that has broken or lost its tension on the rod. I don't think that clip is sold separately and you'd have to cut into the covering to get to it.

Some people have used one or more binding post screws
around the shaft to increase the clamping pressure. If you paint the heads the same color as the surrounding material they are barely noticeable.

You can wrap tape around the rod, but this guy used zip ties .. he ended up using more than one so that it finally kept the visor all the way up.

In all honesty, since this is really a safety item on the driver's side, I'd replace the whole visor with a new one. The part you need is a new visor assembly. I've seen them on eBay for around half a bill. (for example: 17 18 19 20 Honda Pilot Left Sun Visor Interior Roof Block 83280-Tg7-A12za | eBay I don't know how much OEM costs but it's probably more. I'd get OEM if you can afford it since anything from eBay could be just as worn as yours even though they look good from the outside in the pictures.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The problem is a tensioner clip inside that has broken or lost its tension on the rod. I don't think that clip is sold separately and you'd have to cut into the covering to get to it. The part you need is a new visor assembly. I've seen them on eBay for around half a bill. (for example: 17 18 19 20 Honda Pilot Left Sun Visor Interior Roof Block 83280-Tg7-A12za | eBay I don't know how much OEM.but it's probably more. I'd get OEM since ones from eBay may be just as worn as yours even though they look good in the pictures.

Some people have used one or more post screws around the shaft to increase the clamping pressure. If you paint the heads the same color as the surrounding material they are barely noticeable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts