Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do these have rear subframe rust issues? I know of the VCM issues. Anything else to look for? My mom is in the market. I loved my 05 and know much more about those than this generation. I tried to search. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
129 Posts
along with the standard stuff,
yes, check rear subframe
front control arm bushing rubber can rot
rear brake calipers prone to lockup - drive and then check if all rotors are the same temperature (don't touch the rotor just put your hand near it - if one is excessively hot you have found a stuck or sticking caliper)
check for excessive engine rotational movement cycling between R-N-D, could be bad mounts
check for oil dripping into alternator
check that the microphone works - try and make a phone call with bluetooth (if equipped)
check seat motors if so equipped (3 per seat)
check for rot around rear license plate and grab handle
if suspension is rattling and sounds terrible that is usually a very easy and cheap fix (stabilizer bushings and maybe links)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
along with the standard stuff,
yes, check rear subframe
front control arm bushing rubber can rot
rear brake calipers prone to lockup - drive and then check if all rotors are the same temperature (don't touch the rotor just put your hand near it - if one is excessively hot you have found a stuck or sticking caliper)
check for excessive engine rotational movement cycling between R-N-D, could be bad mounts
check for oil dripping into alternator
check that the microphone works - try and make a phone call with bluetooth (if equipped)
check seat motors if so equipped (3 per seat)
check for rot around rear license plate and grab handle
if suspension is rattling and sounds terrible that is usually a very easy and cheap fix (stabilizer bushings and maybe links)
Got it, tinylo. Thanks alot!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts