Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
He was in New Hampshire and sadly he sold it soon after completing that nice set up. Hasn't been seen back here since. :(

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 194,000 miles
343 Posts
So I really dig the look of busabos’ build. But has anyone thought of the wear and tear all those mods will do to the front end? Steel wheels are considerably heavier than oem, adding the that the wheel spacers which make the steering require more pressure. So in the long run the steering rack gets shredded, power steering system failing, and wheel hubs failing from the increase in weight, and stress to the parts.
Don’t get me wrong I think it looks awesome, but there has to be some drawbacks to doing all of those mods.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Probably the reason WHY he sold it and went to a 4runner ..I would do the same ..the front end wear and tear is always an issue for a Vehicle Not designed to be lifted in the first place.

Reactions: Depleted Islet

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 194,000 miles
343 Posts
Probably the reason WHY he sold it and went to a 4runner ..I would do the same ..the front end wear and tear is always an issue for a Vehicle Not designed to be lifted in the first place.
Yeah, rack and pinions aren’t designed to be under that much stress all the time. I wouldn’t be surprised if it just ate them up after a year or two. And steel wheels, and wheel spacers just make it that much harder. It looks sweet tho lol When I first started shopping for wheels and tires I stumbled on some pictures of his setup and Liked it. I used to own a lifted truck and it was a bad experience all over. Lifts eat up every front end part and makes a daily driver uncomfortable. He didn’t lift his, but it’s still a lot of stress to put on a Pilot. Hopefully he is happy with his 4 runner tho!

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,847 Posts
View attachment 139124 View attachment 139125 Wondering who owns this pilot I’d like to set mine up the same wanted to see what set up and wheels spacing ext.
The Wheels are either JSport Pre Runs Wheels or JSport Chase Wheels. The Pre Runs go for $1500 + per wheel. They are replicas of the off-road racing Ridgeline wheels. Jsport Pre Run Wheel | Stylish and Durable | Jsport USA The Chase wheels are $1100 + Jsport Chase Wheel | Satin black with a multi-spoke design | Jsport USA The tires are General Grabber AT's.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Wheels are either JSport Pre Runs Wheels or JSport Chase Wheels. The Pre Runs go for $1500 + per wheel. They are replicas of the off-road racing Ridgeline wheels. Jsport Pre Run Wheel | Stylish and Durable | Jsport USA The Chase wheels are $1100 + Jsport Chase Wheel | Satin black with a multi-spoke design | Jsport USA The tires are General Grabber AT's.
Those are the pro comp wheels from summit racing, I believe I remember that from reading his thread a few years ago

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
What spacers did you put on. I ordered some but they didn’t work on the wheel. Can’t seem to find the right ones.
I needed 1in spacers with those stupid steel wheels, these new Rotas were almost perfect fit but when I ran new brakes I needed a slight spacer with them. Ended up using the hub face from my old rotors and it made a great 5mm spacer. That's all I needed for these wheels and only on the front.

·
Administrator
4,847 Posts
Those are the pro comp wheels from summit racing, I believe I remember that from reading his thread a few years ago

If they are then they have to be either the series 34 or 44 wheels, as none of the other pro comp's have that spoke pattern.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If they are then they have to be either the series 34 or 44 wheels, as none of the other pro comp's have that spoke pattern.
I'd look but I just don't have the time, I'm almost positive tho man he didn't spend that much on those wheels

·
Administrator
4,847 Posts
I'd look but I just don't have the time, I'm almost positive tho man he didn't spend that much on those wheels

A HD picture of the vehicle would help. They easily could be either the JSports or the pro comp wheels.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts