Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an Omar on this forum? Last night (Sat the 8th of Feb), I ran into a guy named Omar in a black Pilot with the Navi System and aftermarket DVD at the 7-11/Citgo and we chatted for a couple of minutes while we were filling up our Pilots... I forgot to ask you if you are a member of the honda-pilot.org club (aaarrrrrggghhhhhh!!!!).

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Sorry, this isn't Omar, but...

your post struck me as a very good title for a movie!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Sorry, this isn't Omar, but...

Ziploc said:
your post struck me as a very good title for a movie!
Perhaps because there's another movie that has a similar-sounding title??? :8: :4:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Re: Sorry, this isn't Omar, but...

kemosabe said:

Perhaps because there's another movie that has a similar-sounding title??? :8: :4:

At first I thought I might have had "Looking for Godot" rattling around in my head, but maybe not....after all, "Looking for Mr. Goodbar" is a lot closer to "Looking for Mr. Omar"!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Omar on this board, huh???

Rats!!! My first meeting with a fellow Pilot owner and I failed to recruit him to this (honda-pilot.org) board... Well, I guess that'll teach me to do a better job next time!!! :1pat: :bonk: :3:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Desperately Seeking Omar!

Don't beat yourself up too bad, Kemosabe! He still might be here... maybe it's... hmmm... let's see... Florida_Guy! Yea! That's its! :2:

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Re: Desperately Seeking Omar!

Sage said:
Don't beat yourself up too bad, Kemosabe! He still might be here... maybe it's... hmmm... let's see... Florida_Guy! Yea! That's its! :2:
:1:

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
kemosabe said:
What's up Omar?
The sky. The opposite of down. Even the price of gas... but that's another thread entirely. :jester:

·
Registered
166 Posts
kemosabe said:
No Omar on this board, huh???

Rats!!! My first meeting with a fellow Pilot owner and I failed to recruit him to this (honda-pilot.org) board... Well, I guess that'll teach me to do a better job next time!!! :1pat: :bonk: :3:
Speaking of recruiting, apparently you aren the only person looking for Omar .

:2: As a courtesy, I have given your information to Homeland Security :2:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2nd Omar Sighting!!!

This afternoon at around 12:30, I was heading north on MD Route 118 when I saw a black Pilot heading south on MD Route 118 -- I looked over and the driver's window was down and it was Omar driving!!! I made a U-Turn and tried to follow him, but got held up at a red traffic light. By the time the light turned green, I lost sight of Omar and his black Pilot!!!! :3: :3: :3:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: 2nd Omar Sighting!!!

kemosabe said:
This afternoon at around 12:30, I was heading north on MD Route 118 when I saw a black Pilot heading south on MD Route 118 -- I looked over and the driver's window was down and it was Omar driving!!! I made a U-Turn and tried to follow him, but got held up at a red traffic light. By the time the light turned green, I lost sight of Omar and his black Pilot!!!! :3: :3: :3:
Oh man, this is exciting!!! The mysterious Omar appears to live in or at least visit this area! Damnable traffic light! Didn't you see him the first time gassing up more down toward Gaithersburg? I'm going to keep my eyes peeled in that general area!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
It's starting to sound like stalking Omar.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ziploc: The first time Omar and I "met" was when we were both gassing up at the 7-11/Citgo station on MD 118 near the Pizza Hut (on Crystal Rock Drive). It's next to the Exxon near the I-270 interchange in Kemotown......

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
kemosabe said:
Ziploc: The first time Omar and I "met" was when we were both gassing up at the 7-11/Citgo station on MD 118 near the Pizza Hut (on Crystal Rock Drive). It's next to the Exxon near the I-270 interchange in Kemotown......
Oh, OK, I know where that is. So, the Rt. 118 corridor seems to be Omar's haunt!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Relax. I think I know this guy. I worked with a Honda salesman named Omar at Ourisman Honda in Bethesda, Maryland. He almost sold me a black Pilot. I know he owns one because he told me he had to wait 3 months to get it. He also told me about driving back from Ocean City, Maryland in the big blizzard all the way to Germantown! He said the Pilot did great by the way. I wouldn't know, my Grand Cherokee sat out the Blizzard of 2003 trapped in the service bay at my local Jeep dealer. When I finally got it back, I got the Pilot. Omar was a pretty good salesman but he didn't have the product--so I bought from another dealership. I hooked up with Omar by checking out Ourisman Honda on line. He sent the reply.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like the mystery is solved!!! I mean, how many Omar's are there in Kemotown driving a black Pilot??? I checked the Ourisman Honda web page and they don't have a "Contact Us" page -- just an address and the "general" phone number...

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Mohawk Man said:
Relax. I think I know this guy. I worked with a Honda salesman named Omar at Ourisman Honda in Bethesda, Maryland. He almost sold me a black Pilot. I know he owns one because he told me he had to wait 3 months to get it. He also told me about driving back from Ocean City, Maryland in the big blizzard all the way to Germantown! He said the Pilot did great by the way. I wouldn't know, my Grand Cherokee sat out the Blizzard of 2003 trapped in the service bay at my local Jeep dealer. When I finally got it back, I got the Pilot. Omar was a pretty good salesman but he didn't have the product--so I bought from another dealership. I hooked up with Omar by checking out Ourisman Honda on line. He sent the reply.
Hey, Mohawk Man, I see this is your first post! Welcome, and thanks for jumping in to solve the continuing mystery of Omar. Probably, Omar would be amused to find he was the subject of much speculation on the Pilot.org discussion site. All deriving from a chance encounter at the pump with kemosabe. Maybe now, kemosabe will be able to contact this guy and say, "Remember me?...."

So, how do you like your new Pilot, Mohawk Man? I have a sneaking suspicion you don't miss your Grand Cherokee! It looks like you may be one of the growing number of Pilot.org members in the DC/MD/VA area--welcome aboard, neighbor!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like it just fine so far Kemosabe but it's practically virgin--less than 1300 miles. Time will tell. I do like the room inside for a change but the trade off is in the parking. The turning radius on the Jeep was tighter but I 'll get used to it.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Mohawk Man said:
I like it just fine so far Kemosabe but it's practically virgin--less than 1300 miles. Time will tell. I do like the room inside for a change but the trade off is in the parking. The turning radius on the Jeep was tighter but I 'll get used to it.
Just for the record, you were replying to ZIPLOC, not kemosabe. Not that it isn't nice to be confused with kemo!

About the Pilots and parking....the Pilot definitely is not a small vehicle. But to me, it drives, handles, and parks like a smaller car than it is. I still hate to drive and park our Toyota 4x4 extracab truck, but from the start I never felt that way about the Pilot.

As you say, the room inside is such a plus. I think you'll grow to like the Pilot more and more as the miles add up all too fast.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts