Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a '19 Pilot elite and am trying to decide between the running boards with lights (08L33-TG7-102A) or the Chrome Running boards (08L33-TG7-102). Online price is not too different, but the self-install instructions are quite a bit more involved to wire the lights. Does anyone have pictures or feedback on how they look at night? Are they worth the extra labor?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not me but before you purchase either, check out the TAC running boards on Amazon. Lots of pictures including my white Touring. These are not lighted.

Reactions: shoeboo

·
Registered
75 Posts
I absolutely love the look of my running board with lights. I had the dealer install them when I got my pilot so I can't comment on labor. They each cast 2 bright round spots under the doors and do a great job of illuminating puddles, etc around the car. They are not miraculous or eye catching either, just nice bright spots under the doors. I think its cool to press the unlock key and see them and all the other lights on the car turn on. Maybe i'll take a pic for you later.

One thing to point out is in general running board functionality on the pilot is universally misunderstood by any uninitiated adult passengers I have. Like no one can figure out how to use them to step in and out of the car unless we specifically discuss planting your toes on the way in and heel on the way out. Its funny, and they are super useful once you learn, but also not how I thought it would work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@anynigma Thank you, exactly what I was hoping for! Looks really good and they throw out a fair amount of light.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also if you shop the internet for the OEM lighted boards, you can save enough on the parts to pay for the installation. Bought mine from an out of State Honda dealer and my dealer was happy to install the boards I had purchased elsewhere.

I agree with anynigma, these lighted boards look great and are very functional.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts