Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 Honda Pilot EX-L is literally the same width (mirror tip to mirror tip) as my garage door. To park inside my garage, I have to enter at an angle and then quickly straighten up as soon as my mirrors passed the door trims. Even a small deviation from that angle will make the sides of the mirror scratch the door trims. I already scratched the mirror with the door trim several occasions and the white door trim paint has transferred to the black color of the mirror, and it looks very unprofessional and ugly. Is there a product available on the market, I can replace my mirrors with one that could fold before entering the garage?

I would like to see anyone has done this type of side mirror upgrade and know is this straight and easy to do or hard and difficult? Appreciated any information and sorry for my long post.

Thank you in advance and happy Honda driving!!!

Sstar

·
Registered
813 Posts
You could try and see if you're able to swap out your mirrors to some from a newer Pilot elite. I'm assuming you'll have to change the whole mirror assembly and add the button to the inside of your car.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,035 Posts
There are computers and ECUs and wiring harness differences to accommodate this feature. I know of at least one person who bought the Elite simply to get the folding mirror feature so it would fit in the garage. .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts