Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Piloteers,

Since my 2004 EXL bit the dust @ 260K with a seized cam I've been looking to replace rather that repair.

I'm looking at two on my short list:

'08 EXL with 91k, all service records, all recommended services performed, timing belt @ 74k fantastic shape, Aberdeen green with grey leather int. All in all, great vehicle for 1st gen @ $8500.00
Since I have a 1st gen with brand new tires and upgraded brakes I lean towards this vehicle because I can swap. Plus...1st gen with less than 100K!

'12 Touring 151k RES/Nav/camera, well serviced, timing belt and water pump @ 124k excellent shape, Polished Metal Metallic with black leather int. Also great vehicle @ $9700.00
Now this one has all the features of an newer vehicle, yet more miles and $1200 more. Going with this one means taking a hit on the tires and brakes. Not a huge deal, but you know.....$$$

So, given that info, what would you do? I may flip a coin.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Not a fan of 2nd gen so I'd probably go with the 08. The color on the 08 sounds better as well. I have an 04 as back up and it still runs strong!

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
Are these vehicles 4WD or 2WD?
Are those prices from a dealer or a private party?
The '08 would seem to be somewhat overpriced relative to the '12.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies!
@xGS - I hear you. 4WD and dealer prices. If I go with '08 I'm going to lowball with my 1st offer. This car was under deposit but the buyer backed out. On the market for almost 30 days with a $500 price drop. KBB maxes it out around $9300 with this mileage. Not sure where to go with the '12 though.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
So what did you go with ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts