Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is visiting her relatives in the Windsor, ON area and our Pilot has started to act up (again). The local Honda dealership said the transmission needs to be replaced and wants $4000 to do it.

Can someone help me locate a reputable shop in the Windsor, Detroit, or even Ohio area that can give us a second opinion and/or can do the work for a better price?

TIA

·
Super Moderator
15,274 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Rocky. Unfortunately no AAA. I'm not too worried if she needs to get towed. I'm more concerned with finding someone who can give us another opinion or perform the work that we can trust. Her Mom is retired from Chrysler, buys a new vehicle every other year, and has all her service done at the dealership, so she can't recommend any place that can help us.

I did recommend the fluid replacement, but she said that was the first thing the dealer checked. It's still like new from the flush last month.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
there should be a lot of honda dealerships in CA, if not the dealer, maybe they can recommend a local trusted place? ask the service people.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts