Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 pilot I am looking for a constant 12v fuse to tap inside . Would the heated seat fuse work since I don't have heated seats?

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
There is no “constant” power to the heated seats. Inspect the fuse box with a multimeter. I have used fuse taps to hook up my relay/switch box. What are you considering to power up with 12V?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
Looking at these might also help you figure out more easily which ones have constant 12V.

If you have power seat controls, those are hot before you turn on the ignition, as is side mirror adjustment.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Main Ignition harness has a hot at all times wire . Now what are you planning to install that needs a constant draw on your battery ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just installed a Kenwood navigation system. And wanted to install one of those small under seat Kenwood powered sub. From all the reviews it can be installed from a fuse or from in back of the stereo . Also has anyone installed front speakers in there pilot? I got infinity 6 1/2 shallow mount . What kinda mods has anyone done to get speakers to fit

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Never a good idea to run audio systems on constant power. Check out crutchfield.com for additional information and what has been determined to fit your specific vehicle. One big advantage of buying audio systems from them are not only installation instructions but required brackets and/or trim pieces.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Not sure if you meant to install the amp with a hot connection but that is really stupid if someone actually does that. The amp will stay on at all times thus will get very hot , this in turn will be a really good chance of the unit over heating and catching fire.. unless that's the final goal here to have an insurance claim write off? .. like aggrex stated it's never a good idea to run high end audio equipment on constant power. :) the radio its self yes that can have a constant power but never for an amp or anything in that nature.

Reactions: aggrex and plplplpl
1 - 7 of 7 Posts