Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my first road bike. I am looking at a Kuat NV 2.0 base to go on the hitch. Wondering how this might affect rear camera function, or if anyone has actually used this rack with a pilot for fit etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Someone else asked a similar question yesterday, see the responses there.

Will it block your rear camera? Yes! (Although probably not too bad with only 1 bike.) Better practice reversing using your mirrors.

See here for some pictures with the Kuat attached. My 2016 Pilot Elite Mod Thread

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone else asked a similar question yesterday, see the responses there.

Will it block your rear camera? Yes! (Although probably not too bad with only 1 bike.) Better practice reversing using your mirrors.

See here for some pictures with the Kuat attached. My 2016 Pilot Elite Mod Thread
Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
499 Posts
I recently purchased my first road bike. I am looking at a Kuat NV 2.0 base to go on the hitch. Wondering how this might affect rear camera function, or if anyone has actually used this rack with a pilot for fit etc.

Thanks!

The rear camera isn't that bad but it'll set the parking sensors off at full tilt

Good luck

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean? 'set the parking sensors off at full tilt'?
The bikes will be close to the rear of the car. If you have parking sensors they will be alerting like you are about to run into a wall.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
499 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean? 'set the parking sensors off at full tilt'?
The parking sensors notify when you're close to an object and don't discriminate or know something is attached to the hitch.

So most bike racks, depending on the style will sit, hang directly in front of the rear parking sensors causing the notification to aggressively warn you.

That is when you're in reverse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts