Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am new member so apologies if this has been asked before.
I'm headed to Montana on a camping road trip and looking for personal recommendations for a roof box that fits my 2014 Pilot (the truck looking body shape), holds a good amount of gear and won't cost an absolute fortune. Ah, the holy grail :) Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
See if you can find one of the Sears X-Cargo Sport 20's or other X-Cargo models. They are wider and taller but shorter, which works nicely with the shortened rear-biased roof rack on the 2nd gen Pilot. I've had a Sport 20 and a Thule Evolution 6410 (both from Sears) on our '15 and the Sport 20 fit better. The Sears models are all older Thule designs, so they are generally pretty nice models. The only issue I had with the Sport 20 is the plastic material is a little softer and on a 100 degree day it will deform while the hinges hold it open. It took an extra 5 seconds to shut it and made it a little annoying to load it up.

I got rid of the Sport 20 because I liked the side clamshell design better for ease of access.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
Box as in something like cintocrunch posted or box as in something like this?

If you are looking for a sealed box the maybe if you are lucky you could find a Spock Coffin like this that is used on eBay or some other source.

They seem to get good reviews.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts