Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

Registered
Well then for a small fee he can give me the money and I will buy it. I have a dealers license from where I worked. He gets his fender flares, I pick us some lunch money and we can end this 13 year quest for the Canadian Honda Holy Grail.
View attachment 150548

In fact if plplplpl works this right he might be able to get The Todd to go take the fender flair off for him.

Nail Grease, We're all just trying to help a buddy out here.

He has been searching high and low, over hill and over dale, looking under every nook and cranny, tracking down ever lead, for a simple set of fender flairs. Now after all of these years of heart breaking searches and tear wrenching failures there is an actual, obtainable set of fender flairs that have been located.

It is a chance for all of us Piloteers to come together for a good cause, with what ever means or talents we may possess, to help end plplplpl quest for a simple set of fender flairs. Is that to much to ask? Are our worlds so busy that we can't help the guy out. He has toiled so long and so hard for more that two lustrum now. 馃ぃ

That be great!

Reactions: plplplpl

Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens peque帽o sparus tyre.
Also, the border remains closed for "non-essential" travel, in both directions, I believe, but at least to get back to Montreal. One man's idea of "essential" may not necessarily coincide with a border guard's point of view on the matter.

Hence my inquiry about shipping. :)

Registered
2006 Honda Pilot EX-L - - 226k 2007 Honda Accord SE - - 145k
Also, the border remains closed for "non-essential" travel, in both directions, I believe, but at least to get back to Montreal. One man's idea of "essential" may not necessarily coincide with a border guard's point of view on the matter. View attachment 150578

Could one simply... Throw it over the border? 馃榿

Registered

Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
Also, the border remains closed for "non-essential" travel, in both directions, I believe, but at least to get back to Montreal. One man's idea of "essential" may not necessarily coincide with a border guard's point of view on the matter. View attachment 150578

There is over 500 miles of border between Minnesota and Canada. The fence isn't that high and the fender flairs are made of plastic. The Todd could just fling them over in the dead of night. In the 1920's it was rum runners, in the 2020's it can be the fender flair runners. This could be the start of a whole new American/Canadian car parts Mafia.

Registered
It just be ashamed if the Honda Pilot fender flares were confiscated as contraband, especially after all the effort to buy the Pilot in MN 馃嚭馃嚫 and remove them.

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: SgtVic and plplplpl

Registered
Contraband is one thing. Not paying duties and taxes is quite another. Fear the Mounties.

They're mostly what stand between you and incoming ICBMs (besides NORAD).

Registered
Contraband is one thing. Not paying duties and taxes is quite another. Fear the Mounties
Last time the Pilot crossed the border (pre-covid), the border guards were extremely rude asking multiple questions and demanding instant answers: why, how long, what, where (destination) and trunk contents. Fender flares probably would have triggered the Mounties. Totally unnecessary loud and confrontational tone for the family traveling in a loaded pedestrian SUV. Too bad I didn't record the transaction as the replay would bring back comical memories.

Registered
Last time the Pilot crossed the border (pre-covid), the border guards were extremely rude asking multiple questions and demanding instant answers: why, how long, what, where (destination) and trunk contents. Fender flares probably would have triggered the Mounties. Totally unnecessary loud and confrontational tone for the family traveling in a loaded pedestrian SUV. Too bad I didn't record the transaction as the replay would bring back comical memories.
You should try crossing into the US with Canadian provincial license plates. Until you show your US passport, you're treated like Snidely Whiplash of the Yukon Taliban. :D

Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
You should try crossing into the US with Canadian provincial license plates. Until you show your US passport, you're treated like Snidely Whiplash of the Yukon Taliban. :D
Reminds me of when we went into Canada back in January 2001, there was a mini van load of us (9 people) and Dudley Do-Right asked about contraband and what our business was in going there. As soon as we replied U.A.W. business his tone changed, and he waved us through.

Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
Have to go look at what I think is an 07 LX not to far from me today. It's sitting parked out by the road but no signs on it. There is also a Ford PU there that does have a sign that states For Sale As Parts. If the Pilot is also for parts I might grab it. Depends on what they want for it. Has the proper headliner, and a few other parts I could use. Including the OEM Bull Bar, and the Unicorn FF's. Nice set of wheels also.

Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
Oh well back to the hunt. Guy is way out of line with his prices.
$2K for the Pilot with the rear sub-frame uni-body mounts rotted out on both sides.
He's not ready to part it out, want's to sell it complete.

Registered
Oh well back to the hunt. Guy is way out of line with his prices.
$2K for the Pilot with the rear sub-frame uni-body mounts rotted out on both sides.
Put your bid in, leave # and expect a call

Registered
and the Unicorn FF's
For real? Ask him about just the fender flares, as those should be able to be removed while leaving the vehicle completely intact. Well, except for the aforementioned rotted subframe mount, which already makes the vehicle unsafe to drive and a potential legal liability for the seller. Tell him that, and therefore your offer will be the best one he'll ever get since you really do want it for parts, unless he wants to sell it to be driven, in which case there's a potential lawsuit or even criminal charges.

Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
For real? Ask him about just the fender flares, as those should be able to be removed while leaving the vehicle completely intact. Well, except for the aforementioned rotted subframe mount, which already makes the vehicle unsafe to drive and a potential legal liability for the seller. Tell him that, and therefore your offer will be the best one he'll ever get since you really do want it for parts, unless he wants to sell it to be driven, in which case there's a potential lawsuit or even criminal charges.
He knows about the rotted sub-frame mounts, and stated it will be sold as is.
I think he's been looking at Craig's List postings and is trying to get more than it's worth.
He said he'd call me if he decides to part it out.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts