4,006 Posts
Nice find!

·
Registered
10,244 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
So you're buying the car for the plastic fenders?
Joking aside,
I know people here love their Pilots, but it's a 14 year old car with 77k miles and a salvage title. The "minor dents and scratches" on a salvage would make me think flood damage or maybe it was repaired really well. What's wierd is that the free VIN check I looked up said it did not have a salvage or flood indication.

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
Joking aside,
I know people here love their Pilots, but it's a 14 year old car with 77k miles and a salvage title. The "minor dents and scratches" on a salvage would make me think flood damage or maybe it was repaired really well. What's wierd is that the free VIN check I looked up said it did not have a salvage or flood indication.
If the auction didn't go crazy high, I'd buy this Pilot and rebuild. It is good to get a carfax. It helps you know what your getting into.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot SE FWD & 2006 Honda Pilot EX AWD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joking aside,
Nearly every salvage Pilot I come across is front end damage, even small amounts, so maybe there's something to it where front end damage= a total in insurances mind.

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
If the auction didn't go crazy high, I'd buy this Pilot and rebuild. It is good to get a carfax. It helps you know what your getting into.
With only 77K on the odometer, what are the odds that the timing belt has never been replaced?

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
With only 77K on the odometer, what are the odds that the timing belt has never been replaced?

Might have belonged to a Piloteer knowing it should have been replaced on time. Not likely. Always assume the worst when buying at auction. That way you won't be as disappointed and you will be pleasantly surprised when many things are in good condition.
🤠👍

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,613 Posts
Wait, I can't bid on just the fender flares and have them shipped if I win?

Say there's a way.

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
View attachment 150524 Wait, I can't bid on just the fender flares and have them shipped if I win? View attachment 150523

Say there's a way. View attachment 150525
Set up a Copart account.
Up your buying power by adding a deposit. A $1,000 = $10,000 buying power. (FYI, Deposit does not apply to vehicle you win.)
Bid and Win.
Go to where the vehicle is in the USA with a Cashier's Check and pay for vehicle (within 3 business days to prevent storage fees.)
Tow vehicle back to Canada.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,613 Posts
That's an excellent project and I completely support your initiative. Let me know how your bidding is going and when you win it. (y)

Oh and by the way, you're not really a fan of fender flares yourself and would happily remove them and mail them to Canada if postage were paid, right?

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
That's an excellent project and I completely support your initiative. Let me know how your bidding is going and when you win it. (y)

Oh and by the way, you're not really a fan of fender flares yourself and would happily remove them and mail them to Canada if postage were paid, right? View attachment 150526
I'm sorry @plplplpl ,
Minnesota might as well be Canada for me. I'm not in a position to buy there. Without physically seeing this vehicle in the rust belt, I'd worry. Plus the cost of shipping the vehicle would be excessive. If I ever got a set of fender flairs, you'd be first on my list to contact.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nearly every salvage Pilot I come across is front end damage, even small amounts, so maybe there's something to it where front end damage= a total in insurances mind.
If the airbags deploy these days, most older vehicles get written off by insurance as the cost to replace airbags, plus paint job is over book value.. :(

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
If the airbags deploy these days, most older vehicles get written off by insurance as the cost to replace airbags, plus paint job is over book value.. :(
That's how I bought my 2017 Pilot.
The whole dash has to be replaced when the airbag tears through it.

Reactions: road2cycle

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,487 Posts
View attachment 150524 Wait, I can't bid on just the fender flares and have them shipped if I win? View attachment 150523

Say there's a way. View attachment 150525
Well with all due respects to our friend from the frozen north, there is a simple solution to thIs problem that you have, in so many threads, discussed, and discussed and discussed and discussed and discussed ......................................................................................

BUY THE DANG THING, GO TAKE OFF THE FENDER FLAIRS AND THEN RESELL THE VEHICLE ON COPART.COM.

Problem solved! 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

I swear, that boy is like a kid in a grocery store wanting a box of cereal for the toy inside.

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
Well with all due respects to our friend from the frozen north, there is a simple solution to thIs problem that you have, in so many threads, discussed, and discussed and discussed and discussed and discussed ......................................................................................

BUY THE DANG THING, GO TAKE OFF THE FENDER FLAIRS AND THEN RESELL THE VEHICLE ON COPART.COM.

Problem solved! 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

I swear, that boy is like a kid in a grocery store wanting a box of cereal for the toy inside.
Simple if you have a dealers license. Copart requires the title to be transferred into your name to sell if you have no dealers license. Dealers can simply sign the back and write their dealer number on the existing title.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,487 Posts
Simple if you have a dealers license. Copart requires the title to be transferred into your name to sell if you have no dealers license. Dealers can simply sign the back and write their dealer number on the existing title.
Well then for a small fee he can give me the money and I will buy it. I have a dealers license from where I worked. He gets his fender flares, I pick us some lunch money and we can end this 13 year quest for the Canadian Honda Holy Grail.

In fact if plplplpl works this right he might be able to get The Todd to go take the fender flair off for him.

Nail Grease, We're all just trying to help a buddy out here.

He has been searching high and low, over hill and over dale, looking under every nook and cranny, tracking down ever lead, for a simple set of fender flairs. Now after all of these years of heart breaking searches and tear wrenching failures there is an actual, obtainable set of fender flairs that have been located.

It is a chance for all of us Piloteers to come together for a good cause, with what ever means or talents we may possess, to help end plplplpl quest for a simple set of fender flairs. Is that to much to ask? Are our worlds so busy that we can't help the guy out. He has toiled so long and so hard for more that two lustrum now. 🤣

1 - 20 of 50 Posts