Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Pilot EX-L
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm a long time Pilot owner, and have gained a lot from this forum. I've been spurred to post based on my subframe rust experience, urging all living in a rust area to inspect and take counter measures to stop rust where the rear sub frame mounts right by the spare tire .. I was blessed that mine came apart in the driveway, not on the interstate going 70 MPH, changing lanes with my family in the car. Yikes. To me it's a safety issue. Some states have safety inspection requirements, mine does not ..

Please inspect yours today! :)

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,846 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I’m glad you discovered the issue in your driveway.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I was blessed that mine came apart in the driveway, not on the interstate going 70 MPH, changing lanes with my family in the car. Yikes. To me it's a safety issue
Glad to hear this sub-frame decoupling surprise was discovered on your driveway. What's your plan moving forward with the Pilot? Some Piloteers as you've read, either DIY or had the repair done by a mechanic or friend.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Hello,
I'm a long time Pilot owner, and have gained a lot from this forum. I've been spurred to post based on my subframe rust experience, urging all living in a rust area to inspect and take counter measures to stop rust where the rear sub frame mounts right by the spare tire .. I was blessed that mine came apart in the driveway, not on the interstate going 70 MPH, changing lanes with my family in the car. Yikes. To me it's a safety issue. Some states have safety inspection requirements, mine does not ..

Please inspect yours today! :)
Glad there were no injuries, etc.!

What year, FWD, 4WD?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts