Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Honda Pilot EX-L 264k miles (RIP)
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran an OBD sensor thing and got this once I got it unstuck. What's the damage? Easy fix?

·
Registered
20 Posts
You might be able to order one of those sensors and install it yourself, but I would watch a YouTube video first and see if it is something you think you can handle.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,571 Posts
Crackshaft position sensor is kind of a common thing that needs replacing on these. I don't think it's a horribly complicated job.

Is the motor running well otherwise? Sometimes people get that code when their timing belt fails.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,177 Posts
Does it run well, or are you just pulling codes?

Treat the patient, not the labs.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
I wonder how similar it is to an Accord crankshaft position sensor...

...or in fact an Odyssey crank position sensor?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Crackshaft position sensor is kind of a common thing that needs replacing on these. I don't think it's a horribly complicated job.

Is the motor running well otherwise? Sometimes people get that code when their timing belt fails.
I'd say it runs like boiling shit. VTM-4 light kicks on almost instantly, can't hold idle, stalls. Learned about parking mid winter and letting the ground thaw so she was stuck in a hole about 8 inches deep, it was a pain to get her in gear and out of there. Definitely wouldn't put it on the road, but that's the only error I'm getting and all signs of a bad crankshaft position sensor are pointing directly at my Pilot. I'm gonna start with the CPS and hopefully that'll be it, but I know the pump and timing belt desperately need a change.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does it run well, or are you just pulling codes?

Treat the patient, not the labs.
It runs like a fat man. Not very well. She's been through a lot, I almost gave up on it and was gonna scrap it until I ran a test.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You might be able to order one of those sensors and install it yourself, but I would watch a YouTube video first and see if it is something you think you can handle.
I'll definitely watch a couple videos first. I haven't ordered one yet but I will and me and my bro in law are gonna tackle it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts