Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Purchased a '15 EX-L AWD w/54k miles back in December.

This is what it looked like when I bought it.

Since then, I've removed the pin stripes, tinted the front windows, blacked out the grill and rear chrome. I still need to figure out the best way to blackout the chrome around the fog lights.

I also just ordered a 2" lift kit from HRG Engineering. Currently looking for 265/65R18 tires and black rims.

Looking forward to learning a lot from this forum.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,316 Posts
Looking better in every photo! Congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your Pilot and keep the mods coming.

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Love the factory optional wheels on your Pilot... since you are lifting it and surely getting more aggressive tires and ditching the running boards you should donate/sell all of that to me!

Also, PSA - your Pilot is over 7 years old now, if the timing belt hasn't been done it needs to due to age. MY '15 has 65k and it's getting done this year due to age.

Reactions: Jus10

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Love the factory optional wheels on your Pilot... since you are lifting it and surely getting more aggressive tires and ditching the running boards you should donate/sell all of that to me!

Also, PSA - your Pilot is over 7 years old now, if the timing belt hasn't been done it needs to due to age. MY '15 has 65k and it's getting done this year due to age.
I really thought you were joking about those being factory optional wheels. With the "H" centerpiece not matching and some of the finish peeling off, I just figured the previous owner installed them. 18x7.5 Factory Wheel (PVD Bright) For 2009-2015 Honda Pilot. Thanks for that info.

I really hadn't thought of needing to get rid of the running boards. I'll see how it all turns out.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
I really thought you were joking about those being factory optional wheels. With the "H" centerpiece not matching and some of the finish peeling off, I just figured the previous owner installed them. 18x7.5 Factory Wheel (PVD Bright) For 2009-2015 Honda Pilot. Thanks for that info.

I really hadn't thought of needing to get rid of the running boards. I'll see how it all turns out.
We all have our weird things, I'm a sucker for factory optional wheels because not many people (especially those buying non-luxury vehicles) actually get them.

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
2019 EX AWD
56 Posts
You
Hello All,

Purchased a '15 EX-L AWD w/54k miles back in December.

This is what it looked like when I bought it.
View attachment 147496

Since then, I've removed the pin stripes, tinted the front windows, blacked out the grill and rear chrome. I still need to figure out the best way to blackout the chrome around the fog lights.

I also just ordered a 2" lift kit from HRG Engineering. Currently looking for 265/65R18 tires and black rims.

View attachment 147501
View attachment 147497
View attachment 147503
View attachment 147499

Looking forward to learning a lot from this forum.
To create more interest and have great discussion starter you should have started your post with:
"Hello All,
Back in November I purchased VCM Muzzler and a '15 EX-L AWD w/54k miles back in December."
Then we can talk about your other modifications and admire your Pilot (btw looks great and I like that older boxy styling).

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Uhh... well that looks amazing! Those wheels are super sharp on that color with those tires. And the stance is perfect. One jealous Pilot owner right here.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
After the lift, maybe some Bora spacers for those wheels? Might give it more stability.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
After the lift, maybe some Bora spacers for those wheels? Might give it more stability.
I'd need to see a pic looking down the side but those wider tires look pretty close to flush as it is. OP, give us the pic!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the kind comments. Would probably look/handle a little better with the tires out a bit. They are very close to flush as is. Pics aren’t that great.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Plant Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Blue

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Man you could go 1/2", a full 1" spacer might be too far. I'd run them like that for a while and see if I wanted to add them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts