Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interesting in installing a lojack in my pilot.
Any one install one ? What is the cost ?
I only want the basic Lojack recovery system.
Is it worth to purchase the life time warranty ?
What is installation procedure ? Shoul I get it from lojack direct sale or from a dealer ?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
LOJACK will help get your stolen car back.
Are you sure that is what you want?

I will be happy with a new car (if stolen, please do not leave in repairable condition!)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Absolutely!

Agree 100% with N_Jay! Lojack is way too late for me!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I too,agree with N_Jay.If someone steal my Pilot,please don't let them find it,at all.Lojack will help them or you trace down your vehicle in case it gets stolen.

·
Registered
393 Posts
dealer quoted me $595 for Lojack. We declined. We figure the car is stolen either way.:mad:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Not to jump on the bandwagon but I also agree with N_Jay, Lo-Jack is too late, I will rely on the anti-theft system in the Pilot and if they get past that, total it or make it so I will never find it again. I have heard too many horror stories about recovered stolen cars not being the same or problems continuing to come up later in their life.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for all your input on Lojack.
My decision, I will not install Lojack.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
I am going to ask a dumb question...dont mind my ignorance

what happens when a car gets stolen and not recovered...how does the insurance company pay you...on the depriciated value of the vehicle? dont they try to totally screw you on that?????
:25:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Yes, they try!

ramirami said:
I am going to ask a dumb question...dont mind my ignorance

what happens when a car gets stolen and not recovered...how does the insurance company pay you...on the depriciated value of the vehicle? dont they try to totally screw you on that?????
:25:
It depends on your insurance company, your agent, your policy, and your negotiations skills.

I always carry "Full Replacement" $0 deductable comprehensive.
This gets rid of the whole deductable discussion.
All that is left is a determination of the value of the vehical, and what it will cost to replace it with a "Like" vehicle.
They will not buy you a new car to replace a used one, but they SHOULD give you enough to replace it. (Here is where the negotiation skills come in). :2:

·
Registered
423 Posts
In case of a total theft and not recovered, the insurance pays the depreciated value .If you have GAP insurance either thru your lease or loan, the GAP insurance pays the difference between your loan balance and the depreciated value the insurance pays. If you do not have the GAP insurance, you will be upside down in a new car loan.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
N_Jay,
How much do you pay for "Full Replacement" $0 deductable comprehensive insurance ? What kind coverage do you have ?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Would have to pull the bill, but I think the comprehensive is something like $50 or $60 each 6 months.
$500 deductable was quoted at $35 if I remember.

Don't forget to separate your comprehensive from your collision deductable.
You want to go as high as you can on collision, like $500 or $1000.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
N_Jay,
Thank you. It is good to know. I will talk to my agent soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts