Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Pilot I bought used a year ago. It does not have a Nav system. Last year I was able to calibrate the compass, but this year I seem to be locked out of either calibrating the compass or selecting a zone. I can get to the menu by holding down the Setup button for about 5 seconds, and I can select either Calibration or Zone Adjust, but when I try to use them, nothing works. For example, when I select Start Calibration, the menu goes away and I cannot calibrate the compass. Or when I select Zone Adjustment, it displays the zone number 8, but I cannot change the number by rotating the selector. If you encountered this problem and solved it, I would really like to hear from you before I take the car to the dealer! Thanks. -mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I fixed my problem, but have no idea how. While driving in holiday stop and go traffic, I decided to try the menu again and was able to change the zone, and once home was able to calibrate the compass ... go figure!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 Pilot I bought used a year ago. It does not have a Nav system. Last year I was able to calibrate the compass, but this year I seem to be locked out of either calibrating the compass or selecting a zone. I can get to the menu by holding down the Setup button for about 5 seconds, and I can select either Calibration or Zone Adjust, but when I try to use them, nothing works. For example, when I select Start Calibration, the menu goes away and I cannot calibrate the compass. Or when I select Zone Adjustment, it displays the zone number 8, but I cannot change the number by rotating the selector. If you encountered this problem and solved it, I would really like to hear from you before I take the car to the dealer! Thanks. -mike
Honda diagnosis is bad sender unit. Located in the rear roof area $700.00 to replace almost all labor to get to it. I also noticed that the radio can’t identify artists and songs because it can’t receive a signal. I am wondering about the little square box on the roof back there and if it contains the sender or is it the antenna to send signals for the compass etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up having to replace the compass unit, see 78300-TK4-A11 - Genuine Honda Unit Assy, Compass . I would agree on the labor costs. That little box is about halfway into the cabin ceiling to the left, so a lot of trim and ceiling cover needs to be removed or pulled back to get to it. It was a pain to do it myself, but I now have a working compass again! The little box on the back top of the roof is your antenna. Here is a video on how to remove it:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts