Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there are multiple discussions regarding actuator issues but I could not find ant that fit what is going on with my 2012 Honda Pilot. I bought it new and it’s a 4WD Touring. About a year ago the front passenger side lock was occasionally attempting to locking while driving, even though it was already locked. I replaced it and the problem stopped. Several days ago a new problem has developed. When locking from the key or from the door lock switch... the drivers door lock will lock, then unlock, then lock again. The turn signals blink once and now the horn will not beep. The drivers door lock is the only one doing the issue described, all the other locks lock once and stay locked. This is all done by hitting the lock switch once or by pressing key lock twice (once to lock and once to get the confirmation horn beep). They all unlock fine. Thinking it’s the driver’s door actuator or the passenger’s multiplex control unit? Opinions?Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
234 Posts
I know there are multiple discussions regarding actuator issues but I could not find ant that fit what is going on with my 2012 Honda Pilot. I bought it new and it’s a 4WD Touring. About a year ago the front passenger side lock was occasionally attempting to locking while driving, even though it was already locked. I replaced it and the problem stopped. Several days ago a new problem has developed. When locking from the key or from the door lock switch... the drivers door lock will lock, then unlock, then lock again. The turn signals blink once and now the horn will not beep. The drivers door lock is the only one doing the issue described, all the other locks lock once and stay locked. This is all done by hitting the lock switch once or by pressing key lock twice (once to lock and once to get the confirmation horn beep). They all unlock fine. Thinking it’s the driver’s door actuator or the passenger’s multiplex control unit? Opinions?Thanks in advance...
Have you played with the door lock settings in the menu?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know there are multiple discussions regarding actuator issues but I could not find ant that fit what is going on with my 2012 Honda Pilot. I bought it new and it’s a 4WD Touring. About a year ago the front passenger side lock was occasionally attempting to locking while driving, even though it was already locked. I replaced it and the problem stopped. Several days ago a new problem has developed. When locking from the key or from the door lock switch... the drivers door lock will lock, then unlock, then lock again. The turn signals blink once and now the horn will not beep. The drivers door lock is the only one doing the issue described, all the other locks lock once and stay locked. This is all done by hit hit the lock switch once or by pressing key lock twice( once to lock and once to get the confirmation horn beep). They all unlock fine. Thinking it’s the driver’s door actuator or the passenger’s multiplex control unit? Opinions?Thanks in advance...
Have you played with the door lock settings in the menu?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Nope. I did look in the menu and it came up under each key, key 1 and key 2. The issue is the same no matter which key so I don’t think a setting has changed. Or who would have changed it.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Sounds like you may have a similar issue with the driver door actuator as well. I've had multiple failures with the door lock actuators on multiple Honda vehicles. Based on vehicle age, you may be out of luck to have them cover the repair, but it doesn't hurt to ask. If not, they are not that expensive and you can DIY the replacement in around an hour. I've seen where some people will go in and actually replace the small electric motor that is the issue but for the time/cost, personally I would just do the complete assembly and be done with it. My issues was always on the unlock. It would lock fine, but unlocking you had to move fast to open the door or just manually flip the lock button to get in. All 4 failed on our CRV and I the front passenger side on my Pilot was starting to make noises when I traded it in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you may have a similar issue with the driver door actuator as well. I've had multiple failures with the door lock actuators on multiple Honda vehicles. Based on vehicle age, you may be out of luck to have them cover the repair, but it doesn't hurt to ask. If not, they are not that expensive and you can DIY the replacement in around an hour. I've seen where some people will go in and actually replace the small electric motor that is the issue but for the time/cost, personally I would just do the complete assembly and be done with it. My issues was always on the unlock. It would lock fine, but unlocking you had to move fast to open the door or just manually flip the lock button to get in. All 4 failed on our CRV and I the front passenger side on my Pilot was starting to make noises when I traded it in.
Thanks. That’s what I’m thinking also. I was looking online for bad actuator symptoms and stumbled on a video about issues with the passenger’s multiplex control unit as I couldn’t find anything where someone had the same issue that I’m having.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts