Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the Pilots sold in North America manufactured in one single plant or are the Pilots to be sold in Canada manufactured in a different factory than the ones sold in the US?

I was just curious. Anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
465 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
RipRocK said:
Are the Pilots sold in North America manufactured in one single plant or are the Pilots to be sold in Canada manufactured in a different factory than the ones sold in the US?

I was just curious. Anyone have any idea?
There are 2 plants in Alliston, Ontario Canada.

http://www.new-tecumseth.com/Honda.html

·
Registered
263 Posts
Re: Re: Locations of the Honda Pilot manufacturing plants.

pilot03 said:

There are 2 plants in Alliston, Ontario Canada.

It's probably more useful to think of these as two assembly lines, each with tooling unique to the vehicles produced on that line. If you look at the info on Honda manufacturing facilities, this is how they refer to it.

At this site, one of the two lines produces the Odyssey, Pilot and MDX.

The Alabama facility is currently dedicated to making the Odyssey, but does so with two lines, one making the engine and the other assembling the vehicle. I don't know, but it's possible that they make more engines than cars, and send some engines to Ontario. In 2004, this site will add another line for light truck assembly. Honda has not explicitly stated whether it will make all three models like the Ontario plant. I imagine they're keeping their options open, and will try to match market demand to maximize profits.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Locations of the Honda Pilot manufacturing plants.

hop23 said:

It's probably more useful to think of these as two assembly lines, each with tooling unique to the vehicles produced on that line. If you look at the info on Honda manufacturing facilities, this is how they refer to it.

At this site, one of the two lines produces the Odyssey, Pilot and MDX.

Models Produced: at Alliston Ontario plants

Plant 1: Honda Civic Sedan, Acura 1.7 EL
Plant 2: Honda Odyssey, Acura MDX, Honda Pilot SUV

Production Startup:

Plant 1 November 1986
Plant 2 September 1998

you were talking about the Alabama plant where the same derivatives are produced but in Alliston, Honda manufactures very dissimilar vehicles. Plz see above for models produced.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Locations of the Honda Pilot manufacturing plants.

pilot03 said:

you were talking about the Alabama plant where the same derivatives are produced but in Alliston, Honda manufactures very dissimilar vehicles.
I apologize for not making myself clear. The first part of my most was about the Ontario facility; the last paragraph was about Alabama.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts