Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum biz. Anyone ever replaced 2nd clutch transmission sensor on 2010 Pilot? I've referenced internet and only demos on sensors for 3rd and 4th for Pilot. Requesting assistance in location of 2nd sensor if someone has experience replacing them as I am needing to replace it. Thank you!

2010 Pilot EXL 4x4

·
Registered
603 Posts
There are three total pressure switches.

2011 Honda Pilot 5 Door EX-L (2WD/RES) KA 5AT AT Sensor - Solenoid

2X - 28600-R36-004
1X - 28610-R36-004

Each uses gasket 90471-PW7-A00

The torque spec is not high, only about 14 ft lbs (168 inch lbs), so don't go crazy, or use a torque wrench to be sure.

The one I changed (2nd clutch) was on the back of the transmission (firewall side) reachable from up top. You just have to lean over the front of the car a bit, or stand on something tall.... unless you are already 6 and a half feet tall. 28600-R36-004 Mine was $62.65 at the dealer here. I believe is a 22MM or 7/8" socket to get it off.

The Honda service manual says to remove the battery, battery box, bracket for subfuse box, air cleaner, etc, but I did not find any of that necessary. I just fished my hands in there. It wasn't too hard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boom,
Great write up, the pics definitely gives me a clear understanding of where it is AND the fact that I don't need to remove battery box is Def a plus. I'm glad there was an easier way, I really appreciate it!(y)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Take Boom’s advise and don’t over tighten the new switch. I over tighten one and the switch broke off inside the transmission case. It took me 2 solid hours to remove it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts