Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI! I dropped in my Pilot to get the clicking noise from front suspension fixed and was expecting the dealer to give me a rental car or a loaner car so that I could go back to work. But that didn't happen. They basically told me that I have to pay if I take a car from their dealership. Does this sound right? Did anybody else drop in their Pilot and actually got a loaner car?

BTW, when I made the appointment they told me that they will give me a loaner car. I wouldn't be asking for a loaner car if I have to pay for it, right, in that case I will be making a reservation for a rental car.:mad:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Talk to your salesman ... sales and service have their allocations for loaner cars ... and I believe whoever loans the car out it goes against their budgets ... ergo the hesitation to give you aloaner car. Honda has actually become more strict on their loaner policy but as a values customer dealers can make anything happen for you if they want too. Have your salesman work it for you ... or when you call for your service appointment just tell them that sales said that you were entitled to a loaner and they'll put it into the computer. Before anyone catches on you should already have your loaner and on the road.

PrG

·
Registered
176 Posts
Re: Loaner cars

Buzzt...

Honda WILL NOT reimburse the dealer for loaner cars.

They do that at Acura.
silverpilotguy said:
HI! I dropped in my Pilot to get the clicking noise from front suspension fixed and was expecting the dealer to give me a rental car or a loaner car so that I could go back to work. But that didn't happen. They basically told me that I have to pay if I take a car from their dealership. Does this sound right? Did anybody else drop in their Pilot and actually got a loaner car?

BTW, when I made the appointment they told me that they will give me a loaner car. I wouldn't be asking for a loaner car if I have to pay for it, right, in that case I will be making a reservation for a rental car.:mad:

·
Registered
395 Posts
I do not get a loaner car from Honda. My wife did get loaners from Chrysler and Toyota.

·
Registered
592 Posts
SilverPilotGuy: The 2 dealers that we deal with here in the East Bay do not give out loaner cars but they do have a drop-off and pick-up service. I know a loaner would be nice though.

Did your dealership seem to be aware of the clicking noise problem that you took the Pilot in for ? Did you print out the information here in this forum for their reference ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I printed out the information on the clicking noise from here. They knew about the problem. They do have a one way shuttle, but now i have to find someone who can drop me back to the dealer. What frustrates me is that they told me over the phone that I will get a loaner, and when I go there its a different story.

·
Registered
262 Posts
re Acura

Speaking of Acura, the only time I've gotten
a loaner from Acura dealer was when they did
a recall, or when I had a bill over $500.
I think that was their rule of thumb -- $500
of business gets your a free loaner. Some
other people I know who go to a different
Acura dealer, have ALWAYS gotten a loaner.
Unlike me, they did buy their car from that
specific dealer. Perhaps that makes a difference.
So, I think it is very dealer specific, maybe
not so much the maker -- specific.
On the other hand, a friend of mine who owns
a Lexus over in CT has told me that not only
he never had to worry about paying for the loaner
for his RX300, if he felt like it, the service
guy would come to his house to pick up his truck, and would deliver
it when fixed.
If only I liked the Lexus...:(

·
Registered
138 Posts
loaner car

In MA, you never will get any loaner car from Honda Dealer.

You do have an option to get loaner/rental car reimbursement through your automobile insurance company.

When I get my insurance for my new pilot, the agency asking me if I would like to purchase extra option such as rental car reimbursement. I gladly declined it since I don't like to pay extra on insurance.

BTW, if anyone know any honda dealer that will do a loaner car program, please post it here. We might be able to use the info and get our local dealer to do the same.
:D

Even no loaner car, most Honda Dealer in the area offer shuttle service within a designated area. My Dealer offer a shuttle service within 10 miles radius. You can leave your car to service and the shuttle will pick & drop you off within 10 miles radius.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
If you have the Honda extended warranty plan you're entitled to rental reimbursement.

PrG

·
Registered
664 Posts
They are not exactly diamonds but Frederick Honda in Hershey, PA gives you a loaner for the day if you purchased your vehicle there. I seem to remember Bobby Rahal in Mechanicsburg, PA doing the same. (But it's been a while on the second one.)

·
Registered
373 Posts
The auto rental on your auto insurance is for a loss only.
Your Pilot would have to be undrivable due to a covered claim (crash, stolen, fire, etc.).
If your Pilot is in for repairs and you do rent a car your insurance will cover it with your coverages.

Extended warranty rentals are typically for repairs requiring more than one day for repair. I'm not sure how Honda does it.

With my last truck the Sales Mgr used to cover it under sales.

Currently I'm just hoping I don't need a major repair.

·
Registered
168 Posts
As discussed so far, you know that Honda, itself, does not have a loaner car program. However, there are dealerships out there that have loaner cars available to purchasing customers.

At Performance Honda in Fairfield Ohio, customers receive free loaner cars when the warranty repair is 3 hours or more -or- the service bill (non-warranty) is $200 or more. In fact, we work through Enterprise Rental Car for the loaners, not the ol' Yugo parked in back!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts